Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #1

Magic Lantern Guides

I just pick up a copy of, Pentax K10oD/ K110D for $25.95 Canadian.
Looks like a good little book. It even comes with pocket quick reference cards.

01-24-2007, 04:25 PM   #2

I have the same book. Seems like it's just a better version of the manual with better explanations. Still a cool book to have for the collection. right now I'm reading Understanding exposure by Brian peterson.
02-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Flaco Quote
I have the same book. Seems like it's just a better version of the manual with better explanations. Still a cool book to have for the collection. right now I'm reading Understanding exposure by Brian peterson.
I agree, I was a bit disappointed when I looked at the book yesterday, but I've been shooting with the K100d for a while and have pretty much memorized the manual. If I had it at the beginning it would definitely have proved more useful. The quick reference cards looked cool though...
02-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I have a copy and it seem to be helping me set up the camera and understand it better. It looks to be a good enough book for us P&S people and i'm hoping it will ween me of of P&S.

02-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by hmcfly Quote
I have a copy and it seem to be helping me set up the camera and understand it better. It looks to be a good enough book for us P&S people and i'm hoping it will ween me of of P&S.
Another great book to have is understand exposure by Brian Peterson. He even has a dvd out that pretty much has the same stuff as the book. You should be ab;e to find both on amazon.com. Great add to the collection.
02-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Magic Lantern book is essentially the same as the manual, but written in better English, with a bit more general explanations. There is some lens stats and other basic reference material in the back, but the reference cards are useless.

And, all the photos are B/W. even though many are illustrations of WB adjustments...

I was hoping some of the ambiquity of the manual would be clarified, and to a small degree it was, but other than that, there are no real nuggets to be found.

I would not recommend it.