Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2008, 08:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wish you luck in your future venue Alan,

I'm with Peter here, don't be a stranger.
Yes I'm keeping my Pentax gear, but if you haven't noticed I've been shooting another brand 90% of the time lately.
And Pentax is doing more than they are, to suite their customers needs.

This is hands down the best forum out there.
I can't give Adam full credit for this, it's really an effort between him, the mods, and all the members like yourself

04-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I want to thank everybody for their sentiments. This is why this forum is such a special place.
04-24-2008, 04:58 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Alan, Sorry to see you switch but if Pentax doesn't meet your needs you have to change. Hope we can hook up at the NAS Oceana Air Show this year. I won't even tease you about the Nikon... much... LOL Best of luck!
04-24-2008, 05:46 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to see you go Alan, I've always gotten a lot out of your postings. I, for one, will miss you. Good luck with your new gear.

NaCl(you can always come back and say "Hi" we won't mind (much) that you shoot Nikon)H2O

04-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Hi Alan,

No wonder I've seen you selling all of your nice stuffs.
I thought you're saving some money to prepare for the new Pentax.
Anyway, good luck with your D300.
It's a very nice camera and I, myself was tempted but I think Pentax still fulfill my need for now.
Hopefully, you will still stop by this forum and give your opinion about your new tools.
It will be very interesting to have an experienced end user's review like you.

Have fun and happy shooting!
04-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Bye.

Dave
04-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Allen,
It breaks my heart to see you leave, we started here the same day. We have had some good times on shoots, and I hope we won't miss that. It is with sincere hopes for you to do well in your new endeavors, even if it's not with a Pentax. I will always think of you as a friend and someone who I truly admire. You have a great talent and that in it's self will carry you through. I'm so very sorry for not getting to Harrisburg this year. It would have been nice for one more get together. (I just couldn't walk that day Allen, in fact I couldn't even get to the phone.) When this knee heals up I hope to get down to see you. I have your Email address and your phone number, and you have mine if not I will send you a pm just to make sure.
I hope the new business includes getting to Harrisburg once a year. But that would mean that the new business has really gone to the dogs.
Best of luck and I'll be thinking of you.

You have been a great friend let's stay in touch.

Besides Allen you don't have to leave the forum I think we could stand to have a Nikon guy around.

04-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #23
Veteran Member

could just be me but I think this forum is friendly enough that we would be happy to see you stop in from time to time to share how you are doing and even if you no longer have the gear your knowledge of the gear stays with you so you can still offer advice to those of us here in pentax land best wishes and looking forward to giving the 20 a run when i get it
04-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alan, just a quick note to wish you all the best in your new endevours. Like others have said, it's only tools and one has to use the ones that not only can do the job but that also feel comfortable in ones hands. As far as tools go Nikon makes pretty good ones.
Don't become a stranger here.

Take care,
04-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #25

I join the others in wishing you the best.
04-26-2008, 12:25 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Alan, all the best! I'll look forward to hearing from you here now and again; I'm sure your years of Pentax experience will serve you well and hope you'll continue to share that experience with us as you have in the past. Happy (and profitable!) shooting!
05-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #27
Veteran Member

You don't have to completely leave, your knowledge and familarity with the hardware plus your photography knowledge will be valued by everyone
05-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
I am sure that most of you have noticed that I have been selling off my Pentax gear. Several people have asked me what is happening. Over the last couple of years I have made many friends on this forum, and I just feel the need to say goodbye. I am leaving the Pentax community, and switching to Nikon with the D300.
I know the D300 is a hot selling camera, despite its high price. It is the most expensive DX format camera around, especially since Fujifilm has just cut the price of the S5 by a few hundred dollars. I just don't understand why it has caught the imagination of so many. I can understand why people would want a D3, since its image quality is probably the best Nikon has ever produced in a DSLR camera. But the D300? The Canon 40D runs circles around the D300 in terms of image quality and it is a lot cheaper than the D300. In fact quite a few Pentax users have switched to the Canon 40D.

Photography of course depends on the skill of the photographer, and a bit of luck sometimes, but ultimately the quality of an image cannot be better than its weakest link. Therefore, it makes no sense to settle for inferior equipment and let such equipment limit one's photography. Good luck with your new gear and enjoy. Never stop improving your photography, and of course that includes your photographic gear.
05-05-2008, 02:30 AM   #29
Veteran Member

To bad your leaving. As Pentax will have some very pleasant surprises in the not so far future. That is one of the reasons I will be staying with Pentax.

Ben
05-05-2008, 05:19 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
To bad your leaving. As Pentax will have some very pleasant surprises in the not so far future. That is one of the reasons I will be staying with Pentax.

Ben
ok now thats a tease if I ever heard one no hints or anything ?