Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2008, 05:37 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Body or accesories?

For a long time now I've been longing for upgarde to my K100D...
Don't get me wrong. It's a great camera and 95% of times it delivers what I expect, but...
I'd really like to have:
a) second dial on the body
b) brighter VF
c) quieter shutter/mirror box assembly
d) bigger grip (I have big palms with long fingers)
e) and some external swithches for metering, focus mode and so on...
Now with K10D's prices on as low as GBP399 with DA18-55, it's very tempting to go and get one, and try to sell one of my K100D's for as much as I can to offset the cost...
Problem is, I have very limited budget, and very good budget keeper (my wife to be ).
Shall I get K10D, or shall I wait until prices of K20D will drop down considerably (so in one year or so) and get som fast glass, flashgun and filters instead?!?
any opinions welcome...

04-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Hi Peter, I would guess it depends how much you want those things on your 'I would really like list'. I know from my own experience that the bigger camera helps in a big hand situation (especially if you can also get the battery grip). The K10d was my first DSLR and it how it felt in my hand was definitely a big factor in my decision. I would guess that numbers of the K10d are going to become limited (if they aren't already) and I would also think that the price has to bottom out soon. Hope I have been of some help.
Good luck - Gary
04-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
With the K10D costing maybe half of the K20, I'd go for the K10D and focus more on building a nice lens collection that will outlast the bodies. At the rate I'm going, if I upgrade to the K20, it may be at the point where other people are upgrading to the K30.

By not spending so much in one spot (all on a body as opposed to a less expensive body + lenses and other accessories), you W2B will be a happier camper. Happy wife (to be in this case), happy life.

HTH,
Heather