Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
CONGRATULATION, CHRIS!

It's always exciting to see somebody who is reaching for their dream.
I believe you've inspired a lot of us here in this forum and your friends as well.
I wish you the best in your next step of your career.

Questions, are you going to shoot models only or anything else also?
Do you think you will stay w/Pentax or will you change to other brand to do your business?

Best wishes,

05-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great stuff Chris! You have a strong personal style with real zing! Your website is well done and shows off your talents to the full. (Your Flickr account is MIA however and this affects your blog too.)

I must correct you on one point:

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
This is honestly my one shot at having my dream and I hope all goes well.
If it's your dream there is never just one shot. You will keep finding ways to make it happen... and won't stop until you succeed. All the best!
05-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #33
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Chris, this is great news and I know you will succeed with this new venture. I like you many years ago decided to start my own business, did all the paperwork and got the loan. Then contracted myself out and there have been tough days and wonderful ones as well. But there have been no regrets.

I know you have the drive and creative skill to make this work. Most importantly you have the vision and drive to experiment with the craft. Always push yourself and your ideas to the limits. With that you will be a success at this without a question.

Thanks for the compliments but in all honesty, I've learned more from you and the other members here than I can ever repay. This set of forums has been a godsend in many ways. I'd also like to thank all those that so freely share the things they have learned with the rest of us.

The portrait seminar I took on Monday was an eye opener in many ways, as well as an inspiration.
The Pro made a comment that stuck with me. "I thank my customers every day for giving me the opportunity to work and get paid to do what I love. What better way to live your life than play and be paid every day at your favourite thing and be able to work for yourself"

I am sure you will be able to play and be paid to do what you love to do. Learn every day and continue to push the craft to the limits. You will make this a success.

In a year I'll join you at this. It's time to give up the sales rep business and do some playing as well. I've got a dozen paid shoots this year (some completed) myself and plan to expand that next year a lot more.

I thank you and wish you the greatest success.
05-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #34
Damn Brit

Go for it Chris, I've learnt a lot from you (and many others) on the Forum in the short time I have been a member.

As I told you already, one thing I love is your Avatar, it cracks me up every time I see it.

Keep us posted.

Happy New Beginning.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 05-01-2008 at 08:02 PM.
05-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Hi Chris,
Congrats and I know you will do very well. You have the talent and the eye. Your in a great location, and plenty of great looking models to shoot. Be kind to your self my friend and go into this knowing you have the skills. Don't ever think your not as good as some one else. Look at the work you have done. Fantastic work and you deserve this step and many more. Just don't get in over your head in expenses and trust your self and your gut feeling as to what is needed and what is wanted. Sometimes they are the same but there are times when the want will get you into trouble unless you have the cash up front.
I know all of us here are excited for you, we're a family and we stick together. Remember you are one of us and will always be.
All the best my friend and keep your head. We'll all be looking forward to seeing your name out there as one of the very best. We all know you are.
05-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Congratulations! It's amazing to me that you've been into photography for only about a year... your work is that of someone with much more experience.
05-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #37

Good luck Chris, you will do very well.

05-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Congratulations Chris! Seeing your work, I thought you were photographing for way longer! Godspeed!
05-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #39
Inactive Account

You can't help but succeed with a first name like Chris It bodes well for you.. heh

Many Congrats! We'll look forward to updates on your progress!! Your work already speaks for itself...