Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #16
Forum Member

I think it's pretty impressive that Cameta even contacted him about his feedback at all; when you look at their stats on Amazon they could have completely ignored him without it affecting their numbers. If the box was as beat up as he says then he should either have refused it or opened it in front of the shipping agent so they could witness the claim. As it is, there was no damage, but he made a fuss, got $75 back, and now he's making another fuss. What's he expecting, that if he keeps at it they're just going to give him the D3 for free?

How is it any different than eBay feedback? It's pretty much standard there that if there's a discrepancy between the listing and the item received lots of sellers will negotiate a partial repayment or something equivalent to make it right with the customer and avoid negative feedback. Why is it a bribe when it's Amazon feedback but just good business when it's eBay?

05-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I buy from Cameta quite a bit. I have never had any problem with them or their shipping. Many times I have called Cameta in reference to a lens or to ask Ed (my go to guy at Cameta) to keep an eye out for a lens I wanted. When one comes in I get notified it is in and get first dibs on the lens.
As for their gift cards and offer of money to satisfy the customer, It's normal business . However i don't think for one minute they ask him to rewrite his review to be positive. This is one persons story and I think he is blowing everything he said out of proportion. the camera works fine, there was no damage to anything in the box, He received it on time, but because the box it self was damaged he wanted them to reimburse him the extra $75.00 he paid in extra shipping. For that extra shipping cost he got the camera on time. they never advertised the packaging was going to be mint condition for that $75.00.
I think the guy got a good deal from Cameta even though he bought a Nikon. I guess when Your A Nikon user you expect everything to be perfect.

PS I think they take better care of their Pentax users We have better tastes.
05-10-2008, 04:06 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
I second that. I go to Creve Coeur Camera in Ellisville, MO
I play with all of the stuff I want, I can hire a second shooter for weddings, they ship my repairs for me, they handle my warrantee stuff, i can bum a smoke (actually, he quit smoking), chat about the business or life or whatever, and even go to the bar afterward.
im young, so i cant go around saying im old fashioned but.....
Glad to see some people agreeing with me. Same thing goes with my dealer: whenever there is something wrong, they REALLY stand behind their products (and stuff I bought elsewhere). When you buy on internet, mosts of the time, everything will be all right, but when something goes wrong, it REALLY goes wrong.