Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
An e-mail from New York

I received this e-mail via my web-site. The person thought he was addressing the mail to my agent...Here is the exact copy. Kind of cool...

I was walking through a gallery in New York's SOHO this weekend and came across Kanarek's work - and litterally stopped dead in my tracks. He has such a sensual, elaborate story-telling style. And after seeing his full portfolio online, I'm even more of a fan. I'm currently a designer working for a women's lingerie brand in the US, Victoria's Secret. I will be forwarding on the link to the creative head. Unfortunately, the creative lead is much more conservative than I am, but I will make sure she sees Kanarek's work...I think he could bring the elegance and artfullness of lingerie to a whole new level. The resulting work would be stunning.

Take care.
Kevin

Hope he can convince her to consider me...

05-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #2

Victoria Secret Lingerie huh!!! Thats it, I am officially applying for the lens polisher position and coffee maker position. Do you take 1 or 2 sugars?

Last edited by Peacekeeper; 05-11-2008 at 01:07 PM.
05-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peacekeeper Quote
Victoria Secret Lingerie huh!!! Thats it, I am officially applying for the lens polisher position and coffee maker position. Do you take 1 or 2 sugers.
Do you do "shoes"?
05-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have my shoe polish, cleaning rags and even the shoe stand. Call me anytime but use the 'private' number that my wife doesnt know about. Even better I'll make sure the coffee is the oft missed Tims, unlimited supply.

Seriously, sounds like a great opportunity Ben. Maybe you'll get a chance to shoot on this side of the pond for awhile. Going to hold any NYC Pentax studio seminars?

05-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I have my shoe polish, cleaning rags and even the shoe stand. Call me anytime but use the 'private' number that my wife doesnt know about. Even better I'll make sure the coffee is the oft missed Tims, unlimited supply.

Seriously, sounds like a great opportunity Ben. Maybe you'll get a chance to shoot on this side of the pond for awhile. Going to hold any NYC Pentax studio seminars?
Peter...I don't have the job...The designer has shown interest that's all. He will probably try to convince the Creative Director..It is called politics. I hope I get it though. It's like winning a lottery!

Ben
05-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Oh I understand Ben. Very early stage yet. But nice to see the work recognized. It all helps. But the unlimited Tim's is still available...
05-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #7

I spent 18 years soldiering I can make your shoes look like black glass hahaha

Sidenote...whats the weather like in Paris at the moment I will be ther in 3 weeks?

05-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nope... I am!

Victoria Secret Lingerie huh!!! Thats it, I am officially applying for the lens polisher position and coffee maker position. Do you take 1 or 2 sugars?
I've got a whole set of Lenspens, including the new Sensor Clear sensor cleaning system (absolutely awesome, BTW - Canon Canada uses it for cleaning in their shop. Cheap and easy to use, esp in the field.)

Check them out:

http://www.lenspen.com/

Tell you what, I'll fold the garments up after they change into the next one....

Cheers,
Cameron
05-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I spent 18 years soldiering I can make your shoes look like black glass hahaha

Sidenote...whats the weather like in Paris at the moment I will be ther in 3 weeks?
That's great..It is really warm right now...When you come to Paris, just give a call, I'll make sure I'm NOT here...

Ben
05-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
I've got a whole set of Lenspens, including the new Sensor Clear sensor cleaning system (absolutely awesome, BTW - Canon Canada uses it for cleaning in their shop. Cheap and easy to use, esp in the field.)

Check them out:

LENSPEN is The superior Camera lens cleaning system for all fine optics, rifle scopes, camcorder and camera viewer screens, binoculars

Tell you what, I'll fold the garments up after they change into the next one....

Cheers,
Cameron
Perhaps you could help the stylist change the models..It gets really hectic and a helping hand or hands comes in "Handy".

Ben
05-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Well deserved, should you get it. Best of luck
05-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Ben

I can only do "spit-shine " . So I have to spit on your shoes every time ! Don't you mind ?

On the other hand , I can modify some waxing head into a power hand tool . With 4800 RPM , it will shine to your socks

Seriously , it's nice to get an email like that !

Tran
05-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
Veteran Member

If you are in need of a second K20D (or K10D), I volunteer to lend you mine (with spare lenses). I'll even go to the trouble of bringing it to you myself. Just send a PM.
05-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #14
Veteran Member

can i be your voice activated light stand operator?

haha...
05-11-2008, 07:19 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
lol...now that would be like hitting the lottery, but you'll have to compete w/ Orlando Bloom ;-)
Hope you get it...that would put Pentax in a better lacy light :-)