Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My Mothers Day, lol

Hubby took me out to a nice restaurant today for Mothers day brunch. I took my camera because it is in a pretty area and I took it in to the rest. because I did not want to leave it in the car.

LOL, I am taking a few pics of our table and the next thing I know people are asking me to take their pics! I think they thought I was working for the rest.! So funny. Well here I am with only my camera flash in a very dim room trying to take pics of these people and giving them my business card, lol

I am thinking this is interesting and ask to speak with the owner and event manager. Looks like I will have an opp to offer photos during future holiday specials at the rest.

They had a wonderful band playing and of course now I am in marketing mode ...... there is a good chance I will be doing their new photos.

So I am thinking ok, well I need to talk to their manager, turns out the guy is not heir manager but a music & event manager and I manage to get myself invited to shoot some of his concertsNow I do not know what will become of all of this but next Sunday I will shoot my first band!
As we are leaving the rest. and Ralph sees a gallery across the street so of course we go in. They dont handle photography but the owner proceeds to write down a bunch of contacts & info for me. I am feeling so very very blessed!

It has been quite a day and as we are walking to the car my hubby leans over and touches my lips and says "These things are like magic"

05-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Damn Brit

What nicer day for that to happen than M'sD. Good job Rosemary.
Lights, camera, say "Cheese".
Gary

Last edited by Damn Brit; 05-12-2008 at 06:26 PM.
05-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks Gary, it really was a fun day I really would not mind a few more like this either, he he he
05-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's great news Rosemary:-). Your photos will knock them off their feet, also, we can't wait to see some of them!

05-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I can't wait to take them either!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Serindipity at its best

Good luck with everything, Rosemary
05-12-2008, 06:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Very cool.!!! I was in Charleston SC this weekend with the boys and ran into three photographers in nightclubs. They worked for places that posts the pictures on line for the night clubs. I thought that was a pretty cool gig and seems like you may have found something that may buy you a new flash

05-12-2008, 06:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

shooting the band

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
I can't wait to take them either!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosemary, you'll have to give me a couple of pointers if you don't mind. My buddy is in a band so I'm going to go shoot his band sometime. I have no idea how in the low light to get really quality shots without using flash. any help would be much appreciated!
05-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Hubby took me out to a nice restaurant today for Mothers day brunch. I took my camera because it is in a pretty area and I took it in to the rest. because I did not want to leave it in the car.
Chance favors the prepared mind. WTG.

woof!
05-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
Serindipity at its best

Good luck with everything, Rosemary
Thank you so much

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Very cool.!!! I was in Charleston SC this weekend with the boys and ran into three photographers in nightclubs. They worked for places that posts the pictures on line for the night clubs. I thought that was a pretty cool gig and seems like you may have found something that may buy you a new flash
Very cool! I am excited about this opp. I have never shot bands before and the guy knows it. I feel very lucky that he is going to give me a chance to try this. Good thing my daughter got me a good flash for Mothers day

QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
Rosemary, you'll have to give me a couple of pointers if you don't mind. My buddy is in a band so I'm going to go shoot his band sometime. I have no idea how in the low light to get really quality shots without using flash. any help would be much appreciated!
I would not mind at all sharing. Only thing is right now I am looking for pointers since this is my first band shoot! LOL

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Chance favors the prepared mind. WTG.

woof!
I would have to agree. You have to be ready to move when the opp presents it self or , um, when you make it appear, he he he

Thank you everyone, it is so nice to have a place where I can share my excitement and accomplishments with people who understand the joy, excitement and the worries too.
05-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Well, good luck! And please post some pics when you have some. I'd really love to see the results.
05-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
Well, good luck! And please post some pics when you have some. I'd really love to see the results.
But of course I will even if they dont turn out well, lol we all have to start some place, Off to post asking for some tips
05-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #13

That's brilliant - congratulations and good luck!!!
05-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #14

awesome, good luck with your photo shoots!!!
05-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #15
Inactive Account

What a great stroke of genius. I think you are on the road to new career! Hope this works out for you and you have fun while making a little money.

Gary