Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #46
AML

QuoteOriginally posted by Lance B Quote
I hope to go to the zoo on Saturday to take photos with a few forum members, so if you're interested we would love for you to come along. The only priviso for me on Saturday is that I have torn a muscle in my leg playing Oz Tag last night and if it doesn't get better enough by then I may not be able to go, so that *may* mean that the zoo photo day is called off.
I have been trying to plan a visit to the zoo for ages. This week isn't good because i'm still recovering from vet bills, but if it goes ahead i'd love to try and make it.
If it happens to get canceled let me know please. BTW, i will have my Tamron 1.4x TC and M 50/1.7 next week, if it's rescheduled.

One word of caution though, Taronga is in the midst of renovations and there are only car park spaces for 100 cars. I'm assuming you would have to be there early to nab any of the free car spots in side streets.

Last edited by AML; 05-15-2008 at 12:02 AM.
05-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AML Quote
I have been trying to plan a visit to the zoo for ages. This week isn't good because i'm still recovering from vet bills, but if it goes ahead i'd love to try and make it.
If it happens to get canceled let me know please. BTW, i will have my Tamron 1.4x TC and M 50/1.7 next week, if it's rescheduled.

One word of caution though, Taronga is in the midst of renovations and there are only car park spaces for 100 cars. I'm assuming you would have to be there early to nab any of the free car spots in side streets.
Thanks for the tips, Anne.

I will keep you posted as to whether we get to the zoo or not tomorrow.
05-17-2008, 03:25 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Names

"As some of you maybe aware, Pentax awarded me a "free" K20D and DA*300 f as "payment" for their use of the terms I coined, "LBA" or "Lens Buyers Anonymous" or "Lens Buyers Addiction". Ned Bunnell awarded these gifts and named me "2008 Pentaxian" "

First congratulations for the award ...

Next word can be "Pioneerconsumer". It¨s a Pentaxian that see that Pentax shell introduse a new lens, then he directly e-mail Cyberphoto(Sweden) and ask them if he could be the first on their qening-up for the lens...
05-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great photos Lance and it's an honor to have you visiting us here.
Thanks also for putting a name to my addiction. Supposedly, once you've confronted an addiction and identified the problem, steps can be taken for a cure.
In my case, fortunately, it hasn't worked. I ordered the DA* 300/4 last night.

05-17-2008, 11:31 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
"As some of you maybe aware, Pentax awarded me a "free" K20D and DA*300 f as "payment" for their use of the terms I coined, "LBA" or "Lens Buyers Anonymous" or "Lens Buyers Addiction". Ned Bunnell awarded these gifts and named me "2008 Pentaxian" "

First congratulations for the award
Thank you very much!

QuoteQuote:
Next word can be "Pioneerconsumer". It¨s a Pentaxian that see that Pentax shell introduse a new lens, then he directly e-mail Cyberphoto(Sweden) and ask them if he could be the first on their qening-up for the lens...
LOL

I hope you succeed in your quest to be recognised as the "Pioneerconsumer". You never know your luck!
05-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
Great photos Lance.
Thank you very much.

QuoteQuote:
and it's an honor to have you visiting us here.
Thank you again, it is an honour to be able to be here. I should have been posting more frequently than I do as it is a great forum.

QuoteQuote:
Thanks also for putting a name to my addiction. Supposedly, once you've confronted an addiction and identified the problem, steps can be taken for a cure.
In my case, fortunately, it hasn't worked. I ordered the DA* 300/4 last night.
LOL

I hope I didn't have anything to do with you deciding to get the DA*300? It's enough I get blamed for people's LBA let alone for every lens that they decide to purchase!

Anyway, the DA*300 is a stellar lens and worth the * rating. I look foward to your results.