Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 41 Likes Search this Thread
10-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you, very much for the tips and awesome photos! I followed your links and really enjoyed seeing more about your trip. The "Monkey Mafia" will not be soon forgotten

10-05-2014, 04:44 AM   #17
IHS

Incredible...What a beautiful place. Amazing work Serpiente and the tips are always useful. I would have never known deet eats plastic! Fantastic stuff...looking forward to more. Thanks for sharing.
10-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #18

Original Poster
Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by chemtech Quote
Thank you, very much for the tips and awesome photos! I followed your links and really enjoyed seeing more about your trip. The "Monkey Mafia" will not be soon forgotten
Thanks! Haha no.. thugs

QuoteOriginally posted by IHS Quote
Incredible...What a beautiful place. Amazing work Serpiente and the tips are always useful. I would have never known deet eats plastic! Fantastic stuff...looking forward to more. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah. I know it from someone else. His shutterbutton was 'melt' in Costa Rica. You spray with your right index finger and there is always DEET on that finger after that. So washing your hands afterwards before you use your camera is mandatory.

I am busy writing my report about Pulau Tioman (Malaysia). I already posted two photos on my Facebook Page. I will probably post it in two weeks/before the weekend if I have time. Next week I will go to Romania and Bulgaria (again with my Pentax gear ).
10-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #19
IHS

QuoteOriginally posted by Serpiente Quote
Next week I will go to Romania and Bulgaria (again with my Pentax gear ).
Romanian amphibians!!! Awesome!!! Have a safe trip and post 'em up for us when you get back. Can't wait!!!

10-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
10-09-2014, 12:51 AM   #21
Pentaxian

beautifull shot's. very good detail and some nice light.

and how does the Escape do in the jungle? I just got mine, and just have used it during surf-photography. So haven't been trekking with it through dense bush yet.
10-09-2014, 02:20 AM   #22

Hi Ronald, thanks for sharing these beautiful photos and your rainforest experiences & tips! I wonder how close you had to get with the 15mm to take the picture of that snake. I also especially like the "frogs perspective of its habitat". Those will show up in print some day? National Geographic?

10-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IHS Quote
Romanian amphibians!!! Awesome!!! Have a safe trip and post 'em up for us when you get back. Can't wait!!!
Thanks! I will

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
beautifull shot's. very good detail and some nice light.

and how does the Escape do in the jungle? I just got mine, and just have used it during surf-photography. So haven't been trekking with it through dense bush yet.
Thanks!

The bag is great. The raincover is good enough, but be sure you really cover it. With a full bag (also the small pockets etc.) it could be difficult. But if you do not stuff all the pockets the raincover fits perfect. Without raincover the bag can also handle a lot of water.
I still love the bag, especially because of the top loader. I can easily grab my K5II + DA* 300 with the hood on it (it fits!!).
Oh and the bag did not feel very warm on my back.

QuoteOriginally posted by geedee Quote
Hi Ronald, thanks for sharing these beautiful photos and your rainforest experiences & tips! I wonder how close you had to get with the 15mm to take the picture of that snake. I also especially like the "frogs perspective of its habitat". Those will show up in print some day? National Geographic?
Thanks
I got as close as possible. The closest focussing distance is 18cm (from sensor to subject), so I think I was within 10cm. I used special gloves to be sure, but this specie is very relaxed. Other pit vipers species can have more temperament. But I am always careful with venomous snakes.
Yeah I love that frog photo too. This winter I will start making a book about this trip. That is a real winter job. National Geographic, I do not think so, but that would be awesome.
10-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Mr. Zimmerman, I'm sure you know what you're doing, but I am not okay with you getting that close to that viper...it's going to give me nightmares. Photograph some tropic fruit or a waterfall or something. Yikes!
10-11-2014, 03:00 AM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by Serpiente Quote
Yeah I love that frog photo too. This winter I will start making a book about this trip. That is a real winter job. National Geographic, I do not think so, but that would be awesome.
Ok, give us a hint when it comes out. Would be nice to include some of your landscape shots too, seems they're no worse than your animal shots!
10-11-2014, 03:24 AM   #26

Photos: Albums
Amazing shoots. Thanks or the wonderful report.
10-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #27

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
Mr. Zimmerman, I'm sure you know what you're doing, but I am not okay with you getting that close to that viper...it's going to give me nightmares. Photograph some tropic fruit or a waterfall or something. Yikes!
Haha.. I will, when I stop being too lazy to bring a tri-pod with me

QuoteOriginally posted by geedee Quote
Ok, give us a hint when it comes out. Would be nice to include some of your landscape shots too, seems they're no worse than your animal shots!
Thank you! Great compliment! But it is something I want to improve on. Well I know I can already do better, but I have to take a tri-pod with me and pay full attention to the landscape. Now I am too focussed on the animals.

QuoteOriginally posted by awilli290 Quote
Amazing shoots. Thanks or the wonderful report.
Thanks and you are welcome!
10-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is great stuff. Should be mandatory to any one who says that Pentax is not useful for professional results.

Great tips as well and it bears out what many feel about the K5 focussing problems in low light
10-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #29

Great pictures
We went to Borneo last summer with my old Canon, we joined some night safaries in the jungle, here it happened... There was a sleeping bird on a branch, i took the best picture of the bird possible for me and my Canon, and when we got back to the camp, i showed my picture to a new friend from England, then he took his Pentax k-5 and showed me his pictures of the same bird, i was blown away, great guy with a great Camera. First thing i did when i came back from the vacation was to sell my Canon and order a Pentax 5-k ii 18-135mm WR, and I love it.
10-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Great photos and very informative text. Thanks for taking the time to share!