Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 41 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Basie Quote
This is great stuff. Should be mandatory to any one who says that Pentax is not useful for professional results.

Great tips as well and it bears out what many feel about the K5 focussing problems in low light
For the photography I do Pentax is great. I would love to have a full frame camera for better high ISO and a bit better tracking AF. But for now I am satisfied with what I can already make. But I think I can do better with a better camera. Especially the AF. I had great photo moments and possible better photos than the ones I show other people, but the AF screwed up on those frames.
Maybe Pentax can deliver in the future.

Yeah the low light AF of the K-5 is terrible. So much frustrations compared to the K-5II.

QuoteOriginally posted by Thor Gunderson Quote
Great pictures
We went to Borneo last summer with my old Canon, we joined some night safaries in the jungle, here it happened... There was a sleeping bird on a branch, i took the best picture of the bird possible for me and my Canon, and when we got back to the camp, i showed my picture to a new friend from England, then he took his Pentax k-5 and showed me his pictures of the same bird, i was blown away, great guy with a great Camera. First thing i did when i came back from the vacation was to sell my Canon and order a Pentax 5-k ii 18-135mm WR, and I love it.
Great choice. I also made someone buying Pentax instead of selling his Sony stuff and buying Nikon.

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Great photos and very informative text. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Thank you and you are welcome!

11-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #32
Forum Member

Wow - some awesome photos of what looks like an amazing place to visit - there are too many outstanding photos to choose a favourite but I do especially like the one of the Brooke Lizard with what looks like an ant on it's head.

I was in Madagascar in may - that is another country which may interest you if you are passionate about wildlife - I've shared a few photos from when I was there in May on the following thread, however i will readily admit that they are nowhere near as good as yours!!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/278621-travel-madagascar.html

Thank you for sharing!
11-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
brilliant article and some very very good photos!!
11-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Awesome article! I learned a lot.

I am using Pentax K-5 IIs with Pentax DA* 300mm for wildlife photography and am enjoying my learning times haha.

11-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #35

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nj1975 Quote
Wow - some awesome photos of what looks like an amazing place to visit - there are too many outstanding photos to choose a favourite but I do especially like the one of the Brooke Lizard with what looks like an ant on it's head.

I was in Madagascar in may - that is another country which may interest you if you are passionate about wildlife - I've shared a few photos from when I was there in May on the following thread, however i will readily admit that they are nowhere near as good as yours!!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/278621-travel-madagascar.html

Thank you for sharing!
Thanks!

Yeah Madagaskar was great and still has great species. It hurts to see that there is almost no primary rainforest left.
The chameleon is great!

QuoteOriginally posted by schnitzer79 Quote
brilliant article and some very very good photos!!
Thank you very much!

QuoteOriginally posted by Suhail Quote
Awesome article! I learned a lot.

I am using Pentax K-5 IIs with Pentax DA* 300mm for wildlife photography and am enjoying my learning times haha.
Thank you and you are welcome!

It is a great combo I use the DA*300 with the K10d, K5 and K5II now, and on all bodies a great lens!
12-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #36

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great article, I'll definately be looking at these lenses, thanks for posting this. Amazing imagery by the way!
12-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #37

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonuhl Quote
Great article, I'll definately be looking at these lenses, thanks for posting this. Amazing imagery by the way!
Thank you very much!

12-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #38

amazing
01-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #39

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 54nima Quote
amazing
Thanks!
01-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #40
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Heh, somehow missed this... Wonderful pictures - you must have a great camera!

Really seriously well done. Makes my images from Madagascar look pretty boring... But I have to say the K-3 AF performance in the rain forest was impressive - and the smaller focus points were a blessing in the dense egetation. I'm sure my trusty old K-5 would have struggled!

Thanks for an excellent article!
01-03-2015, 04:29 PM   #41

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Heh, somehow missed this... Wonderful pictures - you must have a great camera!

Really seriously well done. Makes my images from Madagascar look pretty boring... But I have to say the K-3 AF performance in the rain forest was impressive - and the smaller focus points were a blessing in the dense egetation. I'm sure my trusty old K-5 would have struggled!

Thanks for an excellent article!
Haha thanks! Well the K-5 II is still a great camera.
Well if it makes your images from Madagaskar look pretty boring I hope it inspired you for your next great trip. At least I never stop learning in photography. I started 6 years ago and I will continue to learn.

Sometimes I missed an AF like the K-3, but the K-5 II is also good. The K-5 is a different story. The K-5 is very unreliable with bad (dim) lightning.

I want to write more articles like this, but I do not know a subject right now.