Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

18th May - Melbourne users Thai restaurant meet

For your interest,

Voe and I are starting a weekly project shooting various restaurants and their food every Sunday lunch time. Hopefully, using photo essays to capture various dishes of every restaurant and come up with a blog or a thread here for fun.

If you are keen, come along and feel free to contact us.

Each week, a restaurant will be decided prior to going.

The restaurant for this coming sunday is

Paladar Thai restaurant which is in Alphiphington (Melway 31 C10)

It will not last too long for the meal since it is more about sampling dish photos, tasting them and chichat a few things. Then we can all come back to post in a thread here or make a seperate blog updating the critique of each restaurant we have been to.

Cheers

James

05-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

James,

The carbon offsets for my journey from down this way would kill me. I'll take a breakfast shot on Sat morning to make up for it.

Sorry.
Dale
05-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
James,

The carbon offsets for my journey from down this way would kill me. I'll take a breakfast shot on Sat morning to make up for it.

Sorry.
Dale

The carbon offests of my journey would start another ice age and kill over 100 species of frogs insects rhino's etc etc etc,plus the drives about 11hrs

Have fun in the sun

cheers
05-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
James,

Sorry.
Dale
Dale, if you happen to drop by melbourne cbd, you are welcome to join us for photo shoot on dishes.

The petrol fee is already killing me.

05-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just an update. The meet is cancelled on Sunday due to the fact we are both falling sick with cold.

Instead, I had my test run on a Italian restaurant this afternoon: Penne with sundried tomato and rocket. Yummy!

The weekly tasting will resume in the following week.
05-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Sorry about posting my cold to the forums, I never realised the intertubes could transmit a virus?

We are doing lunch on the forshore at Lorne the next Sunday. Will try out food photography there...
05-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I had been to Lorne for 3 times. I remembered there was a well known pasta restaurant off the main great ocean road. Sure the trees down there is finally having a bit of drink from storm

Keep me posted on the food photography