Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow looks like you are all set for macros with all that gear.
Have you figured out different specific applications for each setup or are you experimenting and will ultimately end up with one or two?

11-06-2014, 01:32 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
That is the goal , probably 2 for macro ..
Starting to feel the need to maybe sell my K200D and K10D and Kx ..
Maybe a K3 or K5ii to replace them since there have been significant price drops ..
11-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for sharing your macro gear! I'm kind of moving away from wildlife shooting due to physical limitations and moving toward more macro work. I have a good start on the gear I need already - just need one of those circular flash mounts. I have 2 Pentax AF200T flashes that I am going to use along with Cactus wireless triggers. I have a lot of experimenting to do setting up the flashes. Over the winter it will be all still life type macro work so I won't need portability.

Which begs my next question - I don't see you listing any tripods or other gear like that. Do you do all your work hand held? I absolutely have to use a tripod, and also am looking at a decent macro focusing rail.
11-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hmmm

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Thanks for sharing your macro gear! I'm kind of moving away from wildlife shooting due to physical limitations and moving toward more macro work. I have a good start on the gear I need already - just need one of those circular flash mounts. I have 2 Pentax AF200T flashes that I am going to use along with Cactus wireless triggers. I have a lot of experimenting to do setting up the flashes. Over the winter it will be all still life type macro work so I won't need portability.

Which begs my next question - I don't see you listing any tripods or other gear like that. Do you do all your work hand held? I absolutely have to use a tripod, and also am looking at a decent macro focusing rail.

All hand held :
I tried the tripod , uh my G** what a load ! , for my photography the tripod is a massive hindrance , monumentally huge hindrance ! ( Leave home without it )
I also tried a monopod , almost as bad as the tripod ..
You hardly ever get the perfect shot where you have time or space to set up a tripod . Or I should say , " I hardly ever get the perfect shot "
So my cameras are set up for hand held ..