Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Question about CA - why & prevention / removal

Hi: I just got this Viv S1 70-210mm f/2.8-4.9 P/K A from a member. Fooling around the neighborhood I seem to have created my first CA / purple fringing around the fans of the vintage sprinkler, about which I have read with certain manual lenses on K10D's.

Please help me by telling me where this comes from, what I can do to reduce the likelihood I will get it and how to remove it in popular PP software (Elements).

I believe part of the problem may be shooting on a bright afternoon at f/5 and 400 ISO, settings left over from the last time I used the camera. I need to resolve to check INFO before I take the first shot.

I had to attach the file because ImageShack is not responding (topic for another post); exif was stripped by jpeg converter so I also attached a text file exported from PhotoMe.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-03-2009 at 03:36 PM.
05-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Chromatic aberration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read, learn, ponder.

as a second note "some manual lenses on the K10D" is an incorrect statement, all lenses produce CA's, some less than others, and this is irrespective of the camera.

it can be removed with image software, some do it better than others.
05-19-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Gooshin. I'm too old to think of Wiki first, but not so old as not to remember something of my Physics classes.

So this must become a habit: (Check INFO every time I turn on the camera); use the histogram on a test shot and/or enable the blinkies; adjust accordingly; be prepared to clean up in PP.