Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
BeachAudio dot com

I ordered a DA* 300/4 from these guys over the weekend for what I think is a decent price (1145.99 shipped).
I was a bit hesitant because I've never really heard of them but they did have some good ratings.
Well, when I came home for lunch yesterday I had a call from their customer service. I called Pat, their guy, and he just wanted to make sure about everything because it was such a high cost item ie: if I would be around to sign for it and I'm sure to just check if indeed it was me who had made the order in the first place.
Very cool and I told him so.
It shipped after that, I just got the notification and tracking order this morning, so now the loooooooong wait:-).

05-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Beach is also buydig.com. They're not the top tier but they're not sleazeballs either.
05-23-2008, 05:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I received the lens yesterday evening in great shape, whew. I had to jump through some hoops with UPS. I really don't like UPS. It had to do with signing for the lens and I wasn't home when the delivery guy came by. Usually they come after I get home from work but, of course, this time he shows up before I get home. After a few phone calls I was able to go down and pick it up after he got back to the shop.
In hindsight I would have spent more for delivery, I think. I got the cheapo $5 service BeachAudio offered and the packaging consisted of the Pentax box in a box. Not even any peanuts or other type of cushioning. But luckily it worked out:-).
What a beautiful, lovely piece of work. It was cloudy and drizzly and getting dark by the time I got home with it but I got some test shots off, nothing worth posting, but the lens doesn't appear to have any defects. At all. Sharp, I like the bokeh, which I was most concerned about. I thought something was wrong with the auto focus, there was no sound!:-) I tried to force some CA/PF by shooting branches of trees against the old white sky but was unsuccessful.
I can't wait for this weekend!
« swans | Moon Phase »