Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #1

Aperture setting for filming or keeping forcus

I know there are follow focus methods out there but thats hard to do when using a handheld gimbal.

Is there a 'magic' aperture setting that will allow everything to be in focus no matter where I walk? Keep focus perhaps?

I read somewhere that you should zoom on the furthers subject, then focus, then pull back zoom. Anyone else concur or have another opinion?

Ideally I'd like to use this for sports.

Thanks.

12-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The "magic" aperture settings that keeps everything in focus is called "hyperfocal distance", but I think you'll hardly want that for sports...

In live view I find magnification to be really helpful, focus peaking less so...

Zoom-focus-go wide only works with a parfocal lens...

Video is one tough beast to master...

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, camera, focus, photography