Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2014, 05:32 AM - 3 Likes   #1

How to Photograph Upper Antelope Canyon

Please check out my blog post on how to photograph upper Antelope Canyon, one of the most difficult and challenging photographic locations there is.

Last edited by Parallax; 12-16-2014 at 12:32 PM.
12-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Magnificent!
12-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by epaulibus Quote
Please check out my blog post on how to photograph upper Antelope Canyon, one of the most difficult and challenging photographic locations there is.
Go and click, people; you'll be surprised and delighted. Great post!

Last edited by Parallax; 12-16-2014 at 12:32 PM.
12-16-2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Nice photos, so-so narrative about basics.

12-16-2014, 07:36 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, it'll be worth your paying the extra permit fee, because then you can sell each of your prints for 6.5 million! Thanks for posting; gives a good idea of the atmosphere in there. Wouldn't suit me so I don't think I'll ever try it, but I do enjoy seeing these images.
12-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #6

Thank you for your post and information.
Certainly one of the many places I want to photograph.
12-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #7
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Nice read, and great shots.

12-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great article and pictures. I think I would not be able to do that...I like taking my time to take pictures. Too much pressure
12-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Where is the link? How do I get to the blog?
12-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It looks like it was edited by a moderator...not sure why, though.
12-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uday029 Quote
Where is the link? How do I get to the blog?
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
I was about to ask for the link too, then I just clicked on his profile and voilą, there's his blog
12-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
From the Forum Rules regarding links to personal sites/blogs.

"All members may post links to personal sites/blogs in their signature lines. Site Supporters may also include links to their personal photography related site or blog in the body of posts if it is relevant to the post. Site Supporters may also start one thread per year for the sole purpose of promoting their photography site or blog. All members may still post links to helpful, relevant resources with which they are not affiliated, however, links in signature lines or posts may not point to advertising websites, illegal services, sources of spam, or any other content deemed unwanted by the site staff. The site staff reserves the right to restrict the posting of links if abuse is suspected."
12-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I went to Antelope a few years back, and I sure wish I had read something this informative before I went. it would have been immensely helpful. I was not on a photo tour, and once I got in there I regretted that decision.

On the day I went in (early May), there was a strong wind on the surface and the dust was everywhere all the time. I wear plastic contact lenses and at one point my eyes were in such pain that I had to stop and claw the lenses out. I finished the tour with badly impaired vision, taking photos more or less at random with autofocus. Despite that undisciplined approach, a few of those shots actually turned out well.

Your blog made me want to go back, better prepared. Thanks for posting it.
12-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dshombert Quote
I went to Antelope a few years back, and I sure wish I had read something this informative before I went. it would have been immensely helpful. I was not on a photo tour, and once I got in there I regretted that decision.

On the day I went in (early May), there was a strong wind on the surface and the dust was everywhere all the time. I wear plastic contact lenses and at one point my eyes were in such pain that I had to stop and claw the lenses out. I finished the tour with badly impaired vision, taking photos more or less at random with autofocus. Despite that undisciplined approach, a few of those shots actually turned out well.

Your blog made me want to go back, better prepared. Thanks for posting it.
That's a shame you had such a bad initial experience. I was worried myself that it would turn out poorly, because it really is a difficult, sort of ridiculous situation. I am glad to hear you want to go back. I think if you can pull it off it is worth all the discomfort. I am going to give it another go this coming May.

I would like to see you photos if they are available.
12-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I hope I didn't discourage anyone - in spite of the way my post sounds, it was a great experience and one that I'm thankful I had. Just being in there is something unique, something one never forgets. Not likely I'll be going back anytime soon, it's a long way from home, but if I ever do you can bet I'll be better prepared photographically.

It'll take some digging, but I'll post some of my photos if I can find them.