Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Printing on Canvas

I just saw a canvas print that was stretched over a wood frame that would be perfect for the type of stuff I like to shoot. Do any of you have any experience with ordering a "Preassembled gallery wrap canvas print"? Any ideas as to what company does this for a reasonable price?

Thanks,

ken

05-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I believe they can do it at CPS Inkworks if you can't find anyone local. I will vouch for their printing capability and their professional integrity. Dave

CPS INKworks -Premium Printing
05-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #3

I had one printed off I think it was a 30x30 by White House Custom Colour. I think the total with shipping was around $135, very very good quality printing and it came out perfect(the biggest print I have made so far and also my favorite).
05-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i have only done one with Lifepics and it was not a good experiance, I tried to get it done for xmas as a gift for a family member. It took 4 times as long as they said it would. Guess that's what happens when you go cheep

05-25-2008, 04:31 AM   #5

I have had it done. Its a very forgiving medis so u can get ur photos printed bigger than u normally would on photo paper. Probably my favorite way to hang a image but also one of the most expensive.
My experience with printing companys is only here in Oz but there are a lot of big companys doing it over here that sell everything from socks to sofas. I have been told to stay away from these and stick with printing companys.

Cheers!
05-25-2008, 05:32 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Give a new meaning to widescreen on the wall

cheers
05-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #7
Veteran Member

This is my work, hanging on a clients (and friends) wall with him around 6' in from of it.

The texture of the canvas really improved upon the looks.

The finished size stretched onto the frame was 18" tall, and 80 1/4" wide
And it was wrapped around the frame, so you can see photo all the way around the edges.

I'll warn you that it's expensive. It cost me over $500.00 Canadian for everything. And I built the frame, shaving off some of the expenses.

If your interested this is whom did the printing for me
Contact Photo Arts
Tell him Stu sent you
05-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
This is my work, hanging on a clients (and friends) wall with him around 6' in from of it.

The texture of the canvas really improved upon the looks.

The finished size stretched onto the frame was 18" tall, and 80 1/4" wide
And it was wrapped around the frame, so you can see photo all the way around the edges.

I'll warn you that it's expensive. It cost me over $500.00 Canadian for everything. And I built the frame, shaving off some of the expenses.

If your interested this is whom did the printing for me
Contact Photo Arts
Tell him Stu sent you

Imagine the expense on how much outlay for the printer

My cousin worked for Xerox and regularly print 30m posters mind you the printer worth AU$500000+

cheers