Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2015, 12:04 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been doing building defect inspections for about 10 years now and I second everything Waterfall has said.

I don't know what the rules are like where you are, but here there are guidelines and standards for building inspection (your expert will know what the local requirements are). this may indicate what you need to get in the photos.

generally, I work on the following formula for photographing each defect:
general location shot,
Close up detail shot,
Measurement of defect (moisture meter, crack width, level, etc.)
Cause or source (if obvious).

for what it's worth, in our office we use Canon point-and-shoot cameras.

hope this helps, and good luck.

Bruce H
Senior Engineering Consultant

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
building, camera, clients, construction, eye, fish, interior, k30, lenses, mx-1, photography, vivitar flash