Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Day 21 still no K10 and an injury :(

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/27971-day-14-no-k10.html

Another rant from me here.

Still nothing on when the K10 will be back. I sent another email to them (Presicion Camera) this morning. I expect a reply today and will keep you posted. But, I am now blaming an injury to my ankle on the fact I have no K10.

I thought for a second I could play basketball this weekend and ended up with a trip to the ER. Major sprain and a slight tiny,weeny fracture of my foot. As I walked by my nephews playing basketball I did one of those jump up and block a shot with sandals a few beers . Well when I landed my ankle went one way while the rest of me went the other. Totally killed the buzz I had going and hurt like a &^% you know. So I am hopping on crutches for about a week or so. They say should only be about a week if I behave and stay off of it.

Why is this the fault of not having the K10. Well, I obviously would have been taking pictures of the kids playing ball instead of trying to play had I had my K10. Hey, it sounds better then I am to out of shape and old to ever even think about blocking a shot from my 14 year old nephew that is about as tall as me

Thanks for listening

05-27-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I hope that you get your camera back soon Pat, then you shouldn't hurt yourself again

I sure hope that your ankle heals quickly
05-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I think we should start a telethon to raise money for a brand new K10D for Pat, seeing as his health is steadily deteriorating due to the absence of his beloved camera.
05-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I agree. For paypal instructions send pm

05-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sorry Pat, the K10D is too hard to find these days, it'll have to be the K20

I wonder if that's why it's taking so long
05-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

gee, Pat, first you drop your other camera, now your foot!

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
They say should only be about a week if I behave and stay off of it.
don't drop your camera on it!

seriously, take care of yourself

Tim

PS I dug in my pocket and I have 52 cents for the Pat's-new-camera-fund!
05-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Bummer...

Im am so sorry to hear your misfortune Pat..

Sitting around wounded and you dont even have a camera to occupy your time with.. damn thats got to suck!!! LOL

I hope you get your camera back soon, as well as feel better soon... sprains are not fun...

All the best for a speedy recovery ( you and your camera).. Kim

05-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #8
Damn Brit

Ouch. I feel for you. When I broke my foot a few years ago, after a days work, all I could do is come home and stick it in cold water.
Have you thought about puting a mount on one of those crutches.
Gary
05-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Pat, sorry to learn of your misfortune. Sorry about the ankle, too! (I've got an ankle with so much hardware in it, it won't ever bend again, so "I feel your pain.") Here, in seven easy steps, is my advice for dealing with it all:

#1: Once the K10D finds its way home, proceed to step #2.
#2: Wrap a Gorillapod DSLR around the cast/brace/boot/whatever they rigged you with.
#3: Attach K10D to Gorillapod.
#4: Prop foot/cast/Gorillapod/K10D rig up, with camera aimed at face.
#5: Pop open and hoist a can/bottle of whatever you'd been drinking when/before "ouch!" happened.
#6: Use self-timer or Remote F in usual manner.
#7: Post result of #6 on this thread!
05-28-2008, 05:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all for the support and suggestions. HMMM K20 maybe not a bad Idea I promised I would wait for the next K whatever unless the price comes down to low to resist. But hey, if this is a fund raiser I will get what you want me to.

I may try and snap a few of the crutch and said aircast tonight if I can with the DS.

Tim - $.52 and counting Thanks !

THANKS AGAIN everyone. On a good note the swelling has gone down a good amount so that is a good sign.
05-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I think we should start a telethon to raise money for a brand new K10D for Pat, seeing as his health is steadily deteriorating due to the absence of his beloved camera.
ROFL.

Pat: sorry about your injury, sprained ankles are something I've had a few nasties - let's just say I'd rather not repeat the incidents.

get some good hi-tops or boots to wear that have good ankle support - after it seems like it has healed you'll find yourself turning it at seemingly nothing for awhile. My worst one took almost a full year to really feel 100% again.

Good excuse maybe to go to a Sox game to cheer up eh?