Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Since these are fulfilled through Amazon, Amazon will pay for return shipping if they don't work. I'd try them out but it is outside my budget for now.

There were a few reviews on some of their other tubes which were positive.
Maybe. I recently returned an 18-135 purchased for my father. He decided against the lens before it arrived and so we had to send it back. For that type of reason you end up paying for return shipping but they supply a prepaid return label and you pay their rate which is lower than otherwise. If the item is not suitable to task - I'm not sure what they do. If broken or damaged they would replace.

01-30-2015, 03:13 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
If the item is not suitable to task - I'm not sure what they do. If broken or damaged they would replace
Any of the items that I bought as "fulfilled through Amazon" that were returned as defective I was given the option of free return shipping and full refund. Replacement was an option. Paying your own shipping was an option. You can use their "Amazon Locker" drop off the return, which is free, if within the size limit.

If you return the item because you don't like/want it, found a better price etc. they charge for return shipping.

If the autofocus or autoexposure functions or the tubes just don't fit I would consider that defective.
01-30-2015, 08:23 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Any of the items that I bought as "fulfilled through Amazon" that were returned as defective I was given the option of free return shipping and full refund. Replacement was an option. Paying your own shipping was an option. You can use their "Amazon Locker" drop off the return, which is free, if within the size limit.

If you return the item because you don't like/want it, found a better price etc. they charge for return shipping.

If the autofocus or autoexposure functions or the tubes just don't fit I would consider that defective.
Agree and thanks for the personal experience info. I haven't had to return things except this once so I didn't know for sure what options might exis for different circumstances.
04-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, just received these MOVO tubes and have only begun to play with them. I'll report when I know more. I have to say they are a bit on the tight sided but well constructed. I had hoped to use them with my M42 adapter but that's not working. I bought mine off MOVO's ebay site a week ago. I have to say they remind me very much of my Kenko 1.5x t/c which has both the electrical contacts and supports SDM. To be continued...

04-28-2015, 05:34 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Ok, just received these MOVO tubes and have only begun to play with them. I'll report when I know more. I have to say they are a bit on the tight sided but well constructed. I had hoped to use them with my M42 adapter but that's not working. I bought mine off MOVO's ebay site a week ago. I have to say they remind me very much of my Kenko 1.5x t/c which has both the electrical contacts and supports SDM. To be continued...
Thank you for the update. When you say you couldn't use these with the M42 adapter what was the problem.
04-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #21
Pentaxian

The OEM m42 adapter doesn't fit on my Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing TC - it has to do with the way the bayonet flange openings are cut. I'd have to break out the TC to tell you exactly what it is but as I recall one of the tabs on the adapter is longer or wider (however you want to look at it) then the opening on the TC. Could be a similar problem.
04-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The OEM m42 adapter doesn't fit on my Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing TC - it has to do with the way the bayonet flange openings are cut. I'd have to break out the TC to tell you exactly what it is but as I recall one of the tabs on the adapter is longer or wider (however you want to look at it) then the opening on the TC. Could be a similar problem.
Yes, basically that's it. My Pentax M42 adapter just doesn't fit on this extender.

Just spent 10 minutes tonight working with the adapter. Leaves a lot to be desired. I have to really fiddle with each lens I'm trying to mount on it. One tip is that you have to feel for the lens release pin to lock into the lens. When that happens, the darn thing works on my DA 16-50 (SDM is just fine). My FA 28-80 is ok too so SDM and screw focus work. Just got my DA 35 Limited macro to work properly as well. It's very tricky to mount the lens on the extender too. So...it works but it's funky and definitely not OEM. Note, I'm testing these all on my K3.

Edit: Ok, I'm learning as I go here. After fiddling with my Pentax M42 mount (plus an Industar 50-2) I was able to mount the lens+adapter+extender on my K5. That works too now. It doesn't sit tight though and comes out easily. YMMV

---------- Post added 04-28-2015 at 10:06 PM ----------

So...the question obviously comes to mind, would you recommend this...I'd have to go with a qualified maybe. They work and that's good, but they require a lot more fiddling than should be necessary, and that's bad.

Last edited by blackcloudbrew; 04-28-2015 at 09:53 PM.
04-29-2015, 04:30 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Maybe they'll get better after you work in the lenses a few more times. QC may not be much better than the Kooka tubes (it still could be the same rebadged). Maybe Kenko will put their tubes back into production.

Thanks for the preliminary review.

05-09-2018, 09:05 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Movo AF Macro Extension Tube Set - Pentax DSLR Cameras (Metal Mount)

Seems like the Movo EXT-P56 is still a insider tip (;
Movo Photo AF Pentax DSLR Macro Extension Tube Set