Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Movo macro tubes

Hey everyone, I have a pentax 50mm 1.7 prime that im going to be using as a reverse lens for macro. Im looking at these extension tubes on amazon for $100 that are by Movo Photo "AF Macro Extension Tube Set for Pentax DSLR Cameras with 20mm & 36mm Tubes (Metal Mount)".

I was wondering, if i buy the 100mm macro with these be compatible and allow to auto adjust the aperture?

01-27-2015, 11:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm no expert but based on the pictures it would allow for auto exposure and electronic aperture control.
01-28-2015, 12:36 AM   #3
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Juiceheadgorilla Quote
Hey everyone, I have a pentax 50mm 1.7 prime that im going to be using as a reverse lens for macro. Im looking at these extension tubes on amazon for $100 that are by Movo Photo "AF Macro Extension Tube Set for Pentax DSLR Cameras with 20mm & 36mm Tubes (Metal Mount)".

I was wondering, if i buy the 100mm macro with these be compatible and allow to auto adjust the aperture?
Yes it looks like a F series or later lens will do everything including focussing with them.
Of course not if they are reversed.
Let us know how they go.
01-28-2015, 03:37 AM   #4

I wonder if those are rebadged tubes from Kooka. The Movo website doesn't have the K-mount tubes listed interestingly enough.

Still, it is through Amazon so refunds should be no problem. They're cheaper than the Kooka tubes.

Take one for the team and let us know how these work out.

01-28-2015, 05:44 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice find. I'm interested also.
01-28-2015, 05:45 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Juiceheadgorilla Quote

Appears to have screw-drive AF connector as well as AE contacts. No longer listed on Movo website, so probably discontinued. I'd get them now before they're gone.
01-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Yes it looks like a F series or later lens will do everything including focussing with them.
Of course not if they are reversed.
Let us know how they go.
Oh yes of course, but I want to have the option of using my reverse and the 100mm when I get it.

---------- Post added 01-28-15 at 08:24 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I wonder if those are rebadged tubes from Kooka. The Movo website doesn't have the K-mount tubes listed interestingly enough.

Still, it is through Amazon so refunds should be no problem. They're cheaper than the Kooka tubes.

Take one for the team and let us know how these work out.

Thanks! I guess I'll give it a shot.

01-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Lets hope they are ok so there is option for AF tubes for Pantax too even not very cheap ones.

Personally I prefer using MF when doing macro or closeups...
01-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #9

Interested too!!!
Hello Pentax...would be great if you would produce fully functional tubes and other accessories.
01-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joojoo2010 Quote
Lets hope they are ok so there is option for AF tubes for Pantax too even not very cheap ones.

Personally I prefer using MF when doing macro or closeups...
The auto exposure and in camera aperture control is more interesting to me than the AF.
01-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The main reason im looking at these is because I get two day shipping from amazon. Can anyone recommend me a extension tube set other than these? I wish they had reviews.
01-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What is the intended use? Do you need aperture control? Do you need autofocus? Reverse mounting will not require such fancy tubes. Do you have a k mount m42 adapter? If you do then you can even use m42 extension tubes. And simple step up rings to reverse mount a lens.
01-28-2015, 11:15 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
What is the intended use? Do you need aperture control? Do you need autofocus? Reverse mounting will not require such fancy tubes. Do you have a k mount m42 adapter? If you do then you can even use m42 extension tubes. And simple step up rings to reverse mount a lens.
Hey thanks for the help! I have a 50mm prime lense that I plan on reversing. Aperture control and auto focus is not really needed for me. It was something I was considering since I make buy the 100mm wr in the future which I would end up manually focusing anyway.

I have a pentax k5iis which Is the K-mount. I do not have the m42 adapter. I'm looking for a set of tubes of Amazon or b&h that I can get quickly in the mail. I ordered a reversing ring from Amazon sent out by adorama.
01-29-2015, 05:47 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

An idea I read recently was to take any cheap lens with an aperture ring that fits your camera and remove the glass. Then put your reversed lens on the front using a step ring of the right size. This gives you aperture control the easy way especially if the lens is one with A type aperture. So you could buy a cheap lens from the marketplace if you are willing to remove glass.

Lens stacking is another option for very large magnification. To do that you do the above however you leave the glass in place in the lens you are mounting to the camera.
01-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #15

Since these are fulfilled through Amazon, Amazon will pay for return shipping if they don't work. I'd try them out but it is outside my budget for now.

There were a few reviews on some of their other tubes which were positive.