Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #1

Macro

Can anyone help me out? I have recently purchased a Pentax K-x & a few lenses that came with the camera.. I also purchased a second hand Tamron AF70-300mm for better quality close ups.. But for some reason it isn't compatable with my camera?? Is this correct or do I have to do something else to the mount to make it work??

02-24-2015, 08:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
can you take a picture of the Lens itself and the mount of the lens?
02-24-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Is the Tamron actually for Pentax cameras? They come in various mounts.
02-24-2015, 09:33 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnX Quote
Is the Tamron actually for Pentax cameras? They come in various mounts.
^^ This. Tamron, Sigma, Bower, Rokinon and many others make lenses for Nikon, Canon and Pentax (and other companies) So just buying a Tamron is not going to guarantee it will work with Pentax mount. You need the correct model usually marked 'PK', 'P-K', 'P/K' or something similar.

The other possibility is that the mount is damaged, but most likely you have a Tamron designed for another camera.

Does the lens mount on the camera at all? If not then the above is the most likely answer. If it mounts but does not work then have you checked that the aperture ring is in the 'A' position?

02-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Todd K Quote
Can anyone help me out? I have recently purchased a Pentax K-x & a few lenses that came with the camera.. I also purchased a second hand Tamron AF70-300mm for better quality close ups.. But for some reason it isn't compatable with my camera?? Is this correct or do I have to do something else to the mount to make it work??
For some reason last night after i posted this my new lens worked fine.. be aware people,Gremlins are everywhere..
Sincerest thanks for the responses people..