Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bridal Party of 22!!

Hi all,

after being contacted by a workmate of my son-in-law, we have agreed to do his wedding. We had a meeting with the happy couple and asked the standard questions, one of which is how many in the bridal party to which they answered 22. I coughed and spluttered a bit and asked them to repeat themselves and yes - 22 made up on 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen/best man, 3 page boys and 3 flower girls and of course the bride and groom.
We have done quite a few weddings with say 8-10 in the bridal party but 22
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for such a large group that may assist on the day (which is in two weeks time!) Obviously the 10-20 will be getting a big workout and closing down the aperture for depth of field are two points I have considered.

Any comments much appreciated.

Kind regards,

06-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow, best of luck with getting all the kids to cooperate .

I would suggest you get the couple to think about who will be taking pictures with who and give you a list well in advance.

You might also want to take assistants with you to herd people into place as needed. Recruiting the adults present might help.

If the bride insists on full group shots, then get yourself to the church/chapel/temple/etc ASAP and check out the layout. It might be there isn't enough room for everyone up there anyway. If there are steps, you could always set them up in three rows (wedding party first, then bride and groom, then the kids, so as to frame the bride and groom with people. You could also have the wedding party sit down and have the kids sit on their laps, or staggered while the bride and groom kneel or sit at some appropriate spot.

Your main concern is not only depth of field, but also width. Keep them tight, make it fun, and it should work out alright.

Hope this helps!
06-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the reply and I agree about the kids Did one wedding with just two of them and that was hard enough.

We have another meeting with the couple next week and I hope to have a sheet back that I give to all wedding customers about the photos they really want - a tick and flick sheet sort of thing. We are then going to the venue of the ceremony which is an amphitheatre in a parkland situation. From there the reception is at a club and there are 300 guests as well

Thanks for the suggestion re; the arrangement - kids on the laps sounds great - a captive audience as if to say.
06-07-2008, 06:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Best of luck.you will be fine

cheers

06-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks cupic - I am currently nervous but leading up to any wedding that feeling is taken over by excitement which I am sure will happen with this one
06-07-2008, 04:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

With the group shots, remember to leave some room on both side of the frame so you can crop both sides to end up with the 8X10 picture format they will ask for. I'ts a little detail that is easy to forget with a large group. To make sure everybody will have their eyes open, ask everybody to shut their eyes and open them on the count of three, then push the release at four. Good luck!
06-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
With the group shots, remember to leave some room on both side of the frame so you can crop both sides to end up with the 8X10 picture format they will ask for. I'ts a little detail that is easy to forget with a large group. To make sure everybody will have their eyes open, ask everybody to shut their eyes and open them on the count of three, then push the release at four. Good luck!
Good points thanks flyer - appreciate the assistance