Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #16

Greg Wilson - would really like to see your Vietnam pics but the album is password protected.

06-14-2008, 03:11 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by ukbluetooth Quote
Greg Wilson - would really like to see your Vietnam pics but the album is password protected.
Ahh...I re-activated the password yesterday.....de-activated again.
06-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, many of the South African/Namibian war against Swapo in Angola at about the 1980's.
Send a PM for info.
Georgecape
06-15-2008, 04:09 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
George Wilson, I had a look at your 39 Vietnam photos. Thanks for sharing. I was expecting thicker jungle. Perhaps that was in other parts of Vietnam.

Who were the entertainers in that concert photo?

06-15-2008, 05:01 AM   #20

Dan,
I can guarantee the jungle was thicker than what you see in those pics.
trouble was the Kodak instamatic had its limitations in low light...so I needed a bit of daylight to get pics.
I have another 300 or so photos...but just finding time to edit them from the scanned TIFs
The entertainers are a few local girls...we got a few days leave at Vung Tau after each operation, and the girls entertained us .....singing and dancing of course:ugh:
06-15-2008, 06:11 AM   #21
Banned

I enjoy for whatever reason, looking at Vietnam war photos. my father was a helicopter crew chief and was shot down several times including once where he and the only living pilot were rescued by a LRRP. I've seen a number of photos I wish I hadn't but I stumbled across this one while looking at those Vietnam photos in the link you posted and I have to say this is the most disturbing photo I have ever seen. It literally brought tears to my eyes knowing people had to go through/ bear witness to these type of things. its truly saddening.

06-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Dunno if you should put some sorta warning up before you post a shot like that, Seamuis.
06-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #23
Banned

well you can see the photo in the link provided above. I think one should observe caution with a thread of this nature just by the title alone. I wont apologize for linking the photo, I do agree its rather gruesome. but so is war.

06-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #24
Inactive Account

Agreed. But unfortunately, a lot of people get through life ignoring that fact.

Coincidentally, these are generally the same people who'll sue a TV station for showing nudity to their kids at 1AM.
06-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for sharing Greg, its interesting to see some of the 'day in the life' shots not usually seen. Gives a bit of a feel for existing there, at that time.

As for Seamuis addition of the guy who played catcher for an HE fastball... yeah, warning on the thread title please. I've seen a lot too, and it takes me a few days for it to stop popping into my head each time. Lord only knows how it really affects those who witness or inflict it.
06-16-2008, 05:32 AM   #26
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Lord only knows how it really affects those who witness or inflict it.
well I have witnessed first hand the effects this has on people. what exactly should I warn about? take caution true human behavior displayed! people need to take off their rose colored glasses and wake up to the things we seem to justify doing to each other. you can see a few shots just as horrific in the Reuters presentation linked above as well. should that be warned about as well? or did y'all miss those? I'm sure everyone on here is an adult or close to it and its nothing thats any worse than what you can see in modern day horror movies, this just happens to be real....

sad isn't it?
06-17-2008, 05:39 AM   #27

1) Greg Wilson - thanks for showing the shots. Amazing - evocative colours and noise bring the pictures to life. Respect.

2) séamuis, lithos etc. - I agree with your sentiments but why do we continually tread the same fruitless paths?
06-17-2008, 06:22 AM   #28

Greg, thank you for posting those pictures from your tour in Vietnam. I'm interested in military history and those pictures are absolutely fascinating!