read this

Leica M8 Field Test, Iraq

06-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
thats one unhappy camper.

Not a cheap camera either.

Actually i dont think Pentax has 'problems' to any magnitude, when you think about the issues raised over time, (supposed AF speed, jpegs, buffer etc) they are all largely subjective and subject to a personal preference by a complainant.

By and large the product is a good one and I am still yet to see anything that makes me want to jump ship...and I have had issues, but they have all been able to be resolved satisfactorily.

Thanks for the link, it may help some people understand that the world is not a perfect place and if humans touched it, it will have faults.

Cheers.
06-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

this begs the question,

all pentax has to do is downzise their *istD/K100/k200D body style by 20-30%, and combined with their pancake lens selection, they would doniminate this sort of descreat photography.
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
all pentax has to do is downzise their *istD/K100/k200D body style by 20-30%, and combined with their pancake lens selection, they would doniminate this sort of descreat photography.
Not with the mirror slap of a SLR. I'm guessing that would get cops on his tail at those suicide bombing scenes. Maybe he should find the Epson R-D1s and keep two of those around. Cheaper than the Leica.

06-12-2008, 06:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
yea i was a bit suprised when i read that. i like my K100D and K10D would do better LOL and i payed WAY less for them AND got lenes
06-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
thats one unhappy camper.

Not a cheap camera either.

Actually i dont think Pentax has 'problems' to any magnitude, when you think about the issues raised over time, (supposed AF speed, jpegs, buffer etc) they are all largely subjective and subject to a personal preference by a complainant.
The M8 is really a completely mis-designed product. IMHO it is a "worthy" successor to the R8/R9 SLRs from leica, which are comparably unusable – at least for me. All these more recent modells are a far cry from the superior quality and reliabilty of the M2/3/4/6 or R4/6/7.

Pentax may have problems with cameras sometimes, as all manufactureres have, but not on that scale!

Ben