Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wide Angle Macro (for those drooling over the Venus 15mm f/4 macro)

If you are like me, and interested in the upcoming Venus 15mm macro lens, then the following might be of interest to you (if you were, like me, previously unaware...)

I'm on the PDML (Pentax Discuss Mailing List) and a member alerted me to this Flickr account/set: https://www.flickr.com/photos/28030601@N03/sets/72157625460338338/

That led me to google the name on the account and that led me to the following $4.99 eBook entitled "Wide Angle Macro | The Essential Guide" written by Clay Bolt and Paul Harcourt Davies. Wide-Angle Macro: The Essential Guide, Now Available. | Learn Macro

I **highly** recommend this inexpensive purchase if you are interested in the subject. (I purchased it). It is a beautiful and informative 93 page PDF (that does not look like your average self-published book). He also offers a $49-59 online macro course (Insects)
Online Macro Course with Photographer Clay Bolt | Learn Macro

Cool sites to check out for inspiration and information:
Learn Macro | Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know About Macro Photography in One Place
Clay Bolt Nature Photography
Paul Harcourt Davies's website (Clay Bolt's co-author)
The Art of Wide-Angle Macro Photography by Shawn Miller | Okinawa Nature Photography

Enjoy!

--

06-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Cool, thanks
06-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Well, I don't see any real macro shots here, only close-up.
In French we call "proxi" the photos between 1:10 and 1:1 and "macro" those between 1:1: and 10:1.
I'd translate "proxi" into "close-up".

By the way, it seems to be an interesting book.
There are other books about this subject, for example:
Understanding Close-Up Photography - Creative Close Encounters With or Without a Macro Lens (Bryan Peterson)
09-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
Marketplace Reseller

QuoteOriginally posted by cheekygeek Quote
If you are like me, and interested in the upcoming Venus 15mm macro lens, then the following might be of interest to you (if you were, like me, previously unaware...)

I'm on the PDML (Pentax Discuss Mailing List) and a member alerted me to this Flickr account/set: https://www.flickr.com/photos/28030601@N03/sets/72157625460338338/

That led me to google the name on the account and that led me to the following $4.99 eBook entitled "Wide Angle Macro | The Essential Guide" written by Clay Bolt and Paul Harcourt Davies. Wide-Angle Macro: The Essential Guide, Now Available. | Learn Macro

I **highly** recommend this inexpensive purchase if you are interested in the subject. (I purchased it). It is a beautiful and informative 93 page PDF (that does not look like your average self-published book). He also offers a $49-59 online macro course (Insects)
Online Macro Course with Photographer Clay Bolt | Learn Macro

Cool sites to check out for inspiration and information:
Learn Macro | Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know About Macro Photography in One Place
Clay Bolt Nature Photography
Paul Harcourt Davies's website (Clay Bolt's co-author)
The Art of Wide-Angle Macro Photography by Shawn Miller | Okinawa Nature Photography

Enjoy!

--
Thanks, still waiting for them to say mine has shipped

09-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
Marketplace Reseller

Mine has arrived! It has a dust particle inside it right from the beginning but i suspect it should cause an issue

Mike
09-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
Marketplace Reseller

My first impressing written up here

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/303686-venus-laow...w-samples.html