Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #1

samyang/canon/Tokina

Good evening
I'm wondering if there and adapter that will allow me to use this canon mp e 65mm macro lens in a k mount?
Also is Tokina 100mm in the future for Pentax?
And is there any one here that own the samyang 100mm that can give me a feedback thanks you ( :

07-09-2015, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Canon mount is bigger than the Pentax K mount, so I don't think you can adapt it easily, unless you use something like bellows, but this affects the focus range and increases magnification. That Canon lens is a really niche lens, Pentax has no native enlarger lenses right now.
I recently read the Tokina 100mm is the same optical design as the Pentax DFA 100mm (and previous Pentax 100mm like the non-WR DFA, FA, F). The Tokina has advantage that it has aperture ring and focus limiter. Pentax DFA 100mm WR has aluminium body, SMC coatings, WR and QS, and its smaller. So no, I don't think the Tokina will come out in Pentax K. Its one of the collaborations between Pentax and Tokina.
You can buy the older DFA version (has focus clamp and aperture ring, no limiter, no WR, and its bigger) or FA and F version (I think one of these has a focus limiter as well) for a good price. But honestly, I think the DFA 100mm WR is still priced very fairly. Its a great lens. More info about the Pentax 100mm lenses here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/showcat.php?mcats=all&what=titledesc...=0&firstpost=1
Just keep in mind that the ones older than F series have slower aperture and might only have 1:2 magnification.
If you want to go beyond 1x magnification, you can try bellows and extension tubes, but for those you need a lens with aperture ring (so don't get the DFA 100mm WR). You can also look at the Venus macro lenses that have recently been announced, they seem interesting. Fully manual, but you don't really need AF in the macro range.

Btw, there are a couple threads like "macro by any means necessary", with great tips on how to use affordable lenses, reversing them, using tubes and bellows, to get really really good magnification.

Last edited by Na Horuk; 07-09-2015 at 03:02 PM.
07-09-2015, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by naldopr Quote
Good evening
I'm wondering if there and adapter that will allow me to use this canon mp e 65mm macro lens in a k mount?
And is there any one here that own the samyang 100mm that can give me a feedback thanks you ( :
Since you are shooting macro, the usual concerns regarding registration distance are not as binding as for general shooting. That being said, finding a Canon-E to Pentax-K adapter might be difficult. Most people want to go the other way.

I can't help with either of your other two questions.

Steve
07-09-2015, 04:46 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by naldopr Quote
The Pentax D FA 100mm is a Tokina.

07-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you Na Horuk for share the links now that I see there other cheaper options for macro I will like to ask you or if any one here can also direct me I have 3 lenses that I have been getting through friends and they are Pentax SMC A 50mm 1:2 a Vtg Sears Zoom 80MM-200MM F;4.0 Macro And a Pentax DA 50mm 1.8 can I use a reverse ring and extension tube for this set up to work as other do in the thread you share? Will like to try before I spend on a other macro lens thank you any suggestion and please to get what I need will be appreciate