Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
F value for the autofocus sensor?!

I have just read an ad (in Turkish) that provided some information on the specifications of Sony Alpha 700 camera. There, I did not quite understand this:
"An f2.8 AF sensor for high definition focusing". What does it exactly mean? Do the AF sensors really have F values? Should I understand this as "best AF performance is for lenses with an F value of 2.8"?

06-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

yes. if you were to use a f/1.4 lens, it would focus with no more ease than an f/2.8 lens, with a 2.8 AF sensor. most center AF spots are about 2.8, with periphery ones being f/4 or slower

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, camera, photography, value