Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Not Registered

Adorama-sportshooter contest for photography students

I know that there are some students of photography among us. I just received this mail and I thought that might interest you. I have nothing to do with the contest so I have no answers to give. Hope it helps

"Call for entries: Student Portfolio of the Year Contest

Pssst...want to win $8,000 worth of camera equipment? That’s the unprecedented prize the first-place winner will walk away with in a major student photography contest that Adorama Camera is co-sponsoring. Along with SportsShooter.com, Adorama Camera is sponsoring the Student Portfolio of the Year Contest, which starts today. We invite you—or the photo student in your family—to submit images for the chance to win top-of-the-line and innovative new photo-related products.

One deserving student will receive "The Essentials," the top prize package donated by leading photographic companies via Adorama, worth more than $8,000.

Among the products to be awarded to the first-place winner:

Apple MacBook Pro Computer
Nikon D300 Camera Body
Nikon SB-800 Speedlight
Nikon 18-200 f3.5-5.6 VR Lens
ThinkTank Airport Security Rolling Case
Pocket Wizard Plus Set w/ Nikon Remote Cable
SanDisk 4GB Extreme III Compact Flash Cards
X-Rite Color Munki Photo Calibrator
X-Rite EyeOne Display II
Induro Carbon Fiber Monopod
Apple Aperture 2.0
Cradlepoint PHS300 Personal Hotspot
John Harrington’s book"The Best Business Practices for Photographers"
Prizes for runners up include Nikon CoolPix 5100 cameras, 4GB compact flash cards, Think Tank Photo cases, X-Rite EyeOne calibration tools, and Apple Aperture 2.0.

The contest is open to full-time students only. Read all the details on the Adorama News Desk, or go straight to SportsShooter.com to enter now! "