Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2016, 12:57 AM   #106

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
It’s the same with O-GPS1. But in my experience that calculation doesn’t work that well. If you max out the exposure time the result is often a point star with a long hook on it, indicating that a mechanical limit was reached much earlier than expected.
Not always, this was a 300 second exposure with AstroTracer, which is all it gave me for 10mm focal length. The focus isn't all that amazing away from the centre (it's a fish eye lens, so the edges are problematic when blown up), but the tracking seems to be OK. I've seen the hook shaped tracks somewhere (it might have even been in this thread), but I don't think it's because the tracking can't cope with the focal length. Perhaps the lens isn't reporting its focal length properly to the body?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
05-31-2016, 10:30 PM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Ran out to the new-to-us house yesterday (we have electric! Yay!) and stopped short looking skywards.

I have some seriously dark skies out there. I'll definitely be dusting the astrotracer off to see what I can do with it. Not having to actually drive or hike anywhere to use the thing? Yes, please!
First night where we've had clear skies, no moon, I haven't had to be up in the AM, and the weather was actually nice enough not to make this a chore.

These were all shot either from my back yard or the middle of the road in front of the house.

Lenses involved were the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5, Pentax 50mm f/1.4 and Pentax 200mm f/4. The Sigma is probably the most fun since I can get the landscapes in decently for the shots.

06-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #108
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
First night where we've had clear skies, no moon, I haven't had to be up in the AM, and the weather was actually nice enough not to make this a chore.

These were all shot either from my back yard or the middle of the road in front of the house.

Lenses involved were the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5, Pentax 50mm f/1.4 and Pentax 200mm f/4. The Sigma is probably the most fun since I can get the landscapes in decently for the shots.

wow, from the backyard! nice dark skies.