Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #1

Help! On-board flash isn't firing

My on board flash stopped firing a few days ago. I thought I would check here to see if there is something that can be easily checked / corrected before I go spend money at my camera shop to have it investigated. Any help would be appreciated.

I have an *ist DL. I have tried getting the flash to fire in every mode and it won't go.

06-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can't promise that this will help, but the switch that turns it on might be gummed up.
At least on the K100D when you pop the flash you'll see what looks like a wire on the right hand side, verily tight into the corner.

This stopped working on my other system 3 days ago, and just a touch of contact cleaner was enough to get it working until I can get it fixed properly

With a little luck yours might do the same.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, flash, help, photography