Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Need some HELP Please

I entered a juried show. The first part is decided by public vote. It only takes a minute to go to the site and click on the stars to give me a rating.

Artists Wanted : Portfolio

Thank you so much in advance for your help. Of course I would love to get 5 stars

I will post the results one way or another. Again, thank you

Oh, and there are some funny letters scattered through out my bio. Have no idea how they got there but am working on getting them to fix what ever happened

06-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Forum Member

Your 5 star wish is granted. My wish is to find out how you get the impressionist look without computer manipulation.
06-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dave Lee Quote
Your 5 star wish is granted. My wish is to find out how you get the impressionist look without computer manipulation.
Thank you so much!
Ok, it really has to do with depth of field/focus but there is a fine line between the trash can and hanging on a wall in a gallery. Translation...it doesnt happen with the first shot taken usually but there is at least 1 shown at that link that was a first shot. You get better with practice. I no longer need to take 20 or 30 shots to get a good one
06-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Rosemary - I'm happy to lend my support. While your photos are not always to my style I find myself learning from them and many are starting to see my photos in a different light, no pun intended. I appreciate your style and how your ability to put out what you see when you look through your viewfinder. Your very artistic. Just today while walking around a local park shooting (not with a gun) birds, I cam across and group of flowers and wondered about doing one your signature artistic shots.

Good luck.

06-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
PFH
Veteran Member

You got five stars from me and you're totally worth it. I especially liked the first picture.
06-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PFH Quote
You got five stars from me and you're totally worth it. I especially liked the first picture.
Thank you so very much! I appreciate your support

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
Rosemary - I'm happy to lend my support. While your photos are not always to my style I find myself learning from them and many are starting to see my photos in a different light, no pun intended. I appreciate your style and how your ability to put out what you see when you look through your viewfinder. Your very artistic. Just today while walking around a local park shooting (not with a gun) birds, I cam across and group of flowers and wondered about doing one your signature artistic shots.

Good luck.
wow Wayne, what a compliment. Thank you. Your photos are changing. I noticed that the other day and I like your work very much!
I fell into doing these types of photos by accident, truly. My fist pic like this was an accident then I had to work to figure out what I did so I could do it again. I love the light and color in them and that you have to use a bit of imagination too.

If you try a shot like this you will def have to post it
Thank you so much for your very kind words and support. It means a great deal.
06-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rosemary, I left my vote for you. As you no doubt know, my style is rather different, but your shots have a beauty that is rare to find. Thanks for sharing.

06-18-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
Inactive Account

My vote also Rosemary. I don't have any of mine in my gallery but some are similar (although I tend to work for a "sharper image"). Yours are quite beautiful and make me wonder what kind of manipulation I can do with mine in PS.

CW
06-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Rosemary, I left my vote for you. As you no doubt know, my style is rather different, but your shots have a beauty that is rare to find. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much. You were so helpful to me when I first joined here and I will never forget the impact that has made thank you my friend!

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
My vote also Rosemary. I don't have any of mine in my gallery but some are similar (although I tend to work for a "sharper image"). Yours are quite beautiful and make me wonder what kind of manipulation I can do with mine in PS.

CW
Hm, I cant help you with PS manipulation because I dont do it. lol
I thank you so much for your kind words and for voting

The top 20 people choice galleries get a combined showing from what I undersatnd in NY So until friday you can vote every 24 hours, you know what I will be doing, lol
06-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

3 votes from me today (5's) Since we have 3 computers here.
06-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There you go Rosemary, glad to help out.
Enjoy your work.
Cheers.
06-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
Inactive Account

I don't see anything but 5 stars in your portfolio Rose. I have always liked your work and my vote was definitely 5 stars. Well deserved.
06-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #13

Excellent art, well worth 5 stars.

You might also be interested in the work of Louise Mann from Perth, Western Australia. All her photos are made by manipulating the camera, not in Photoshop.

Her website: Louise Mann Photography
06-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
3 votes from me today (5's) Since we have 3 computers here.
Peter you are tops! thank you so very much! You just know pentax people/family is the best!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
There you go Rosemary, glad to help out.
Enjoy your work.
Cheers.
thank you so much and thank you for your comment on my work

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I don't see anything but 5 stars in your portfolio Rose. I have always liked your work and my vote was definitely 5 stars. Well deserved.
Awe, thank you! I am keeping my fingers crossed and about to go use my hubbys computer to vote, lol we have 2 here so every 24 hours I can add 2 votes thru friday
QuoteOriginally posted by chrisman Quote
Excellent art, well worth 5 stars.

You might also be interested in the work of Louise Mann from Perth, Western Australia. All her photos are made by manipulating the camera, not in Photoshop.

Her website: Louise Mann Photography
I cant wait to check out her work! I dont use photo shop either so this will be interesting and I am glad you are sharing this link with me
thank you so much for voting
I have heard they got swamped with submissions so we will see how it turns out.
06-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Another 5 star rating - best of luck !