Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #1

Selling a single photo...

Hi,

I've developed some interest from my flickr recently, and well, I have a request to use one of my shots for a local social club. Apparently, they don't want prints, they just want to use them on their website.

I'm willing to sell. How should I be charging them? I'm willing to give up all the rights to the photo as well.

Thanks for the help.

06-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

get estimates of their traffic, what res image they want, and figure out a price you think is reasonable. if it's a large resolution image, that's going to see a lot of traffic (front page image?), i would charge substantially more than if it were just a small photo of their building, on their directions page, which most people don't navigate to...
06-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That CircleWork group I'm involved with has a great pricing structure. Have a look over the link below, use a bit of interpolation and see what you come up with.

Circlework.com.au - motorsport and event photography
06-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

For web usage, I would charge a modest annual fee, have the user suggest a fee and negotiate from there. (Just ask them what they are willing to pay). I'd also want a photo credit to accompany the image.

And there is NO reason to EVER give up your copyright unless someone wants to pay you so much money you can retire and live the good life. Which is not something I would ever expect to happen.

But that's just my opinion.

06-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HowLowCanYaGo Quote
Hi,

I've developed some interest from my flickr recently, and well, I have a request to use one of my shots for a local social club. Apparently, they don't want prints, they just want to use them on their website.

I'm willing to sell. How should I be charging them? I'm willing to give up all the rights to the photo as well.

Thanks for the help.
I have these requests some times from horse pictures i have shot.

I sell a web friendly version to them, with my copy right in lower right corner, not to big, but big enough to see, for $20.00.

I DO NOT give away my copy right to any photo.

Dave
06-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
can we see the pic?