Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perfect. Great series of action shots.

09-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Really top class photos in that last set.

If I were to say anything at all, it would be to suggest applying the denoise just a touch more heavily in the darker areas where noise is more noticeable. That's all. You've made a really strong selection of excellent photos there.
09-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #63

I had a look at the album and to me the canon guy is probably angry with himself because your kit is cheaper than his and yours turned out better.
09-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #64
mee
Pentaxian

Better imo.. the reds are no longer a giant sheet of eye searing, one shade called LOUD red anymore.. still vibrant but that is up to the photographer I think. And the action portrayed is really nice. Good work!

09-13-2015, 03:34 AM   #65

I dont have advice on the PP, although I agree with the majority. However, from the perspective of someone not at all into sports, your second selection of shots was... boring? To me, they -all- looked similar, a series of action shots with no context or contrast between them. If selecting a subset of the original album, I would have included the three I've linked here and perhaps one or two of the cheerleaders. It's hard to articulate why, but I guess because when included with the action shots (some of which are really striking!), it feels like there is a more complete picture of the game as a whole. They add to the context of the set.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNiPJxDZ4gNuWpw2o11v7eMqWvD69h7zTDbn-gL...BZN2FxSGZWVEZn

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNiPJxDZ4gNuWpw2o11v7eMqWvD69h7zTDbn-gL...BZN2FxSGZWVEZn

09-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #66
Veteran Member

-You're shooting in quite difficult lighting conditions, so you need to find the appropriate color profile + watch your WB. Flatter profiles with bumped up contrast tend to look better in these conditions.
-Forget about "balancing the histogram" - you don't have to balance anything, but to make your image look the way you want it to look. If a frame contains too much dark stuff - the histogram will be dark anyways - "balancing" will overexpose the frame.
-Watch the exposure.
-Like everybody said - ease up on the clarity.
-1/2000 sounds like an overkill, 1/500 is usually more than adequate for any sport - if not - 1/1000 is for sure.