09-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aurora Photo Guide

09-20-2015, 09:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Good stuff. It should be noted that bright red light will mess with night vision nearly as well as white light; get a flashlight that can be dimmed or cover the front (stop it down!) to as dim as you can manage. As noted chimping won't help either..
09-21-2015, 07:32 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
It should be noted that bright red light will mess with night vision nearly as well as white light;
Any "bright" light will interfer with night vision; however, most of us that are into astronomy, use red lights exclusively, to save our night vision. For instance, in my observatory; I have a red rope light around the walls about 6" up from the floor. This is on a dimmer, so I can dim it as much as I need. It works very well, and I still have my night vision.
09-21-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

BTW, thanks to the OP for this link; very informative!

09-21-2015, 10:04 AM   #5

Thanks, in october i will visit that region in the far north of Sweden, that will be useful tips.
09-21-2015, 05:56 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
BTW, thanks to the OP for this link; very informative!
QuoteOriginally posted by LarsW Quote
Thanks, in october i will visit that region in the far north of Sweden, that will be useful tips.
... as I wander aimlessly around the web at times - I run across things.... Glad you found it interesting....