Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
01-05-2016, 08:31 PM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
If we are going to be graphics artists then fabricating your "picture" in an image editor is one thing but as a photographer the joy and challenge is to do this stuff optically
This is actually kind of insulting.

I love when I can get a shot straight out of the camera with minimal fiddling after I get home but if I have to desaturate or boost something in the digtal darkroom it certainly doesn't mean I've failed.

01-05-2016, 09:49 PM - 1 Like   #47
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
This is actually kind of insulting.

I love when I can get a shot straight out of the camera with minimal fiddling after I get home but if I have to desaturate or boost something in the digtal darkroom it certainly doesn't mean I've failed.
Agree, Sagitta. Hobbyists or pros, we produce images. The many time world best wedding photographer Jerry Ghionis works hand in hand with his digital artist.
01-06-2016, 08:01 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Original Poster
There is no such a thing like perfect camera. I don't see anything wrong about photo manipulation. It all depends as usual on skills or talent.
I actually think that photographer has to be familiar with basic aspects of photo manipulation at least. It helps understanding things such a colors, light and shadows, quality printing, perspective, etc...
I just start studying photoshop techniques book. It's an eye opening actually.
01-07-2016, 02:48 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I failed my cemetery "assignment". At least now I know what lenses worked the best there. Pretty much from 21mm to 300mm, depends of what needed. In most cases the range around 100mm worked well, but with clouds wide angle was good. The problem was mostly the wrong timing, it was such a bright and harsh day light, I even could not see settings in viewfinder.
I need to came back there. (found an excuse)
That last image, it's impressive how sharp the background is, what are the details on it (f stop, focal length, etc)? I know this is the opposite of what you wanted, but nice all the same! The fine pattern on the statues arm is pretty interesting.

01-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
That last image, it's impressive how sharp the background is, what are the details on it (f stop, focal length, etc)? I know this is the opposite of what you wanted, but nice all the same! The fine pattern on the statues arm is pretty interesting.
Thanks. I like the angle of view in that image, but yes, it could be better. I had no choice but using in camera flash (did not bring off camera flash with me). Shadows there were too dark, and it was difficult to manage the light as is. At least for me. In ideal it would be nice to get the second person with reflector , imo.