Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Banned!

I just picked up a 2nd body (K200D) here in the Marketplace. One of the conditions laid out my the boss.....errrr....I mean wife, is that I am banned from buying any more camera related stuff until September 1st.

No lenses, flashes, lighting, bags, tripods, monopods.....nothing! Not even a stinkin' filter!

The good news is that I have 2 months to do nothing but take pictures and plot my next round of purchases. I already started working on my own personal roadmap:

- BG3 Battery grip for the K200D
- DA* 50-135mm
- FA 35/2
- DA 70 Limited

06-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Banned by the misses, OUCH!
06-27-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well that's not bad because September first is already gone. It happened about 10 months ago.
06-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Ed in GA

How to get un-banned. Almost fully guaranteed to work.

Image courtesy Yvon Borque and I will remove it if Yvon requests it.

Last edited by Ed in GA; 11-26-2008 at 10:50 AM.
06-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Funny the things that make us tick...
06-27-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

OMG! I feel so bad for you??? Figured out how to get around it yet????
06-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

That sucks, but your a man and men always find a way to weasl...I mean convince the boss way you absolutely NEED what it is you're wanting. Come on now, you'll cheat and take the consequences. You can tell me that if you come across a killer deal on an old lens say on fleabay, garage sale, craigslist, or where ever that you won't beg and sulk until you get it.

Well, that's what works for me sometimes. I have no shame. I'm an only child.

06-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
One of the conditions laid out my the boss.....errrr....I mean wife, is that I am banned from buying any more camera related stuff until September 1st.
I've read the conditions three times to be sure, and I'm satisfied that you're not banned from ... errr ... renting lenses (optional to convert to purchases after September)
06-28-2008, 12:06 AM   #9
Inactive Account

I believe Maxwell said buying until September.

This leaves us several options:

* Borrowing stuff.
* Layby or some sort of payment plan - it ain't bought until it's paid for!
* Hiring.
* Theft.
* Divorce.

Just, y'know, throwin' those out there, seein' who salutes.
06-28-2008, 05:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I just picked up a 2nd body (K200D) here in the Marketplace. One of the conditions laid out my the boss.....errrr....I mean wife, is that I am banned from buying any more camera related stuff until September 1st.

No lenses, flashes, lighting, bags, tripods, monopods.....nothing! Not even a stinkin' filter!

The good news is that I have 2 months to do nothing but take pictures and plot my next round of purchases. I already started working on my own personal roadmap:

- DA* 50-135mm
- FA 35/2
- DA 70 Limited
When will she be removing the "CLAMP"? I hope your not banned from "Recreational Sports" as well...

Ben
06-28-2008, 06:35 AM   #11
Veteran Member

"Recreational....Mmmm" if its not broke dont fix it still I can live without a boss well....... some of the time

Which reminds me of a 55-300mm thats itching my hands about now price has to be right

cheers
06-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
OMG! I feel so bad for you??? Figured out how to get around it yet????
Nope and I don't think I'll need to. I'd rather spend the next few months trying to take good photos.....like you! Besides, I need time to save up for the rest of the stuff on my wishlist.

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
That sucks, but your a man and men always find a way to weasl...I mean convince the boss way you absolutely NEED what it is you're wanting.
Hahaha! She's not that bad. In fact she's not bad at all. If I really had to get something out of need, she wouldn't have a problem with that. At this point I had no problem with this arrangement because a 2nd body is the only thing I needed. It was your beautiful K200D samples that made me do it, so I'm gonna lay the blame on you.

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
When will she be removing the "CLAMP"? I hope your not banned from "Recreational Sports" as well...

Ben
Heck no! That is NOT part of the deal!

I'd better read that fine porint again...
06-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #13
Veteran Member

- DA* 50-135mm
- FA 35/2
- DA 70 Limited
May I suggest that you buy her pretty flowers every week from now on . ( Then you can shoot more flower macros , too . But please don't tell her I said that !).

Also take more images of her , family , HER friends . Print them out . Hang them around the house and give them away . The words will get back that you're a such a wonderful photographer . Such a talented husband ..blah blah blah ..

In short , it will justify your phototog's skill . Hence come the NEEDS to acquire NEEDED gears .

Good luck to you sir !

Disclaimer : I'm not responsible for anybody sleeping in the doghouse for following my advices
06-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #14
Veteran Member

How could a grown man allow this to happen? That would never happen in my house. Oh no, I better erase this quickly, I hear my wife coming up the stairs!

Seriously, I know how you feel. I have been trying to explain to my lovely wife why I "need" the 50-135. Ain't been too succesful yet.
07-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One thing worked in my favor. I negotiated some last minute, pre-ban "necessities" that were needed now that I have 2 bodies. Lenses didn't work so I picked up (2) 4MB SD cards , a 8-pack of Sanyo Eneloops, and a hippie strap.