Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-08-2016, 09:53 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Scootatheschool1990 Quote
Is that a graduated filter?
Yes. There is a .9 soft edge graduated filter and also a .9 solid. I was using the graduated filter for the sky which was originally framed in but is cropped out in the sample. Could have used a few more stops on the grad to get the true colors of the sky. I used the remote on this outing, but i did not have it set to mirror up, so i will also do that as that may have been more of what caused the motion. I'm planning to go back out to that same location and do it again to see if I can deal with the motion blur on the longer exposures.

I also enjoy the K5iis -- quite a camera. I used it on the outing due to the lower ISO setting. I'm so bonded with the K5iis that I'm having a hard time making myself use the K3ii. I took the K3ii out for my sons basketball game tonight and it did really well after I got it set up correctly.

01-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rtmarwitz Quote
Yes. There is a .9 soft edge graduated filter and also a .9 solid. I was using the graduated filter for the sky which was originally framed in but is cropped out in the sample. Could have used a few more stops on the grad to get the true colors of the sky. I used the remote on this outing, but i did not have it set to mirror up, so i will also do that as that may have been more of what caused the motion. I'm planning to go back out to that same location and do it again to see if I can deal with the motion blur on the longer exposures.

I also enjoy the K5iis -- quite a camera. I used it on the outing due to the lower ISO setting. I'm so bonded with the K5iis that I'm having a hard time making myself use the K3ii. I took the K3ii out for my sons basketball game tonight and it did really well after I got it set up correctly.
Very cool! Thanks for sharing! Glad to see other pentaxians using similar setups!