Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Well I got banned from dpreview

So Philbitron sent me over the edge one day last week and I posted a link to a site that pops up and says "you are an idiot"... I thought about it after and thought it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but I didn't think it was ban worthy LOL

Anyone know the procedure to get "unbanned".. just write an email apologizing and saying it won't happen again?

In case you don't know who Philbitron is (sp?) he IS a troll over there and just pops into every thread saying how awful Pentax AF is and this and that. He will just find random links on the web to support his causes (even not photo related) and just reference them over and over. As far as I can tell he's never owned a Pentax DSLR, has never posted a photo and in general just ticks everyone off. I'm usually really good at ignoring people like that but I guess I has having a bad week

John

Last edited by palmor; 06-28-2008 at 05:45 AM.
06-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
So Philbitron sent me over the edge one day last week and I posted a link to a site that pops up and says "you are an idiot"... I thought about it after and thought it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but I didn't think it was ban worthy LOL

Anyone know the procedure to get "unbanned".. just write an email apologizing and saying it won't happen again?

In case you don't know who Philbitron is (sp?) he IS a troll over there and just pops into every thread saying how awful Pentax AF is and this and that. He will just find random links on the web to support his causes (even not photo related) and just reference them over and over. As far as I can tell he's never owned a Pentax DSLR, has never posted a photo and in general just ticks everyone off. I'm usually really good at ignoring people like that but I guess I has having a bad week

John
Welcome to a long list of those banned from DP'revues'...

Welcome to the Club. It is an honour to have you onboard!

Ben
06-28-2008, 05:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Sad to see you banned there. It is nice and quiet here without that much drama.
06-28-2008, 05:38 AM   #4
Ed in GA

John
I'm not sure how to get you "un-banned" at DPR.

However, if you wouldn't mind, please post that link that you spoke of. I suspect that just about everyone here has someone to who they would like to send/post it.

06-28-2008, 05:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
I'm not sure how to get you "un-banned" at DPR.

However, if you wouldn't mind, please post that link that you spoke of. I suspect that just about everyone here has someone to who they would like to send/post it.

It really is a funny link.. sometimes I send it to friends when they are being silly

be warned it is LOUD

31337.PL
06-28-2008, 05:47 AM   #6
Ed in GA

It really is a funny link.. sometimes I send it to friends when they are being silly

be warned it is LOUD

31337.PL
Yes Sir...

It is loud.

Thanks, I have it archived.

Ed
06-28-2008, 06:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

In case you don't know who Philbitron is (sp?) ....
The most amusing thing to me about that person is when someone shares something nice from a Pentax, he feels the itch to add a comment like ... oh yeah other brands can do that too. As if he spends his days worrying about other brands being outdone, how freaking childish !!

06-28-2008, 06:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Why would ya wanna get unbanned there if they're small minded enough to ban you for that in the first place?
06-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #9

Philbarton is Ricehigh v2.0. Right down the the continual whining about Pentax negatives while ignoring any positives. I'll never understand why anyone would devote so much time to attacking a brand of product.

Can't blame you if you lost your cool with his posts.
06-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #10

Well, I was never able to join in the first place because DPR didn't like my email provider. I still lurk there sometimes but given the tone of the place, I'm kinda glad I was "rejected".

Richard
06-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

be warned it is LOUD

31337.PL
LOL, thanks for the link, I've added it to my collection. Here's one for you in exchange. Careful where you use it.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll8/ShadowLandProjectEOL/2377594398_65b805ae32_o.gif

I used to post on an audio site where the mods wanted to control everyone. I got tired of heavy handedness, obvious favourtism and protection of idiot trolls who knew how to play the system.
06-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Hilarious!
06-28-2008, 10:59 AM   #13

Donīt worry... itīs the normal behavior there when you are diferent...

If you have a diferent opinion, they ban you... whatever you think or whatever you mean with your words there...

Now you have 3 options:

1) Write an appology letter, and expect to be forgiven. Maybe they change the FOREVER BANNED to a 1 week ban (they did that with me, because someone misunderstood a post I made - and some people here understood it in the same way here I must sadly say - but I explained it and that was all, they let me in again)

2)Use a d9ifferent e-mail adress and register yourself as a diferent user (not the best option, but if they donīt forgive you, you can be there posting anyway).

3) as a friend says: forgeraboutit (forget about it)... Who the hell wantīs to be there if they donīt let you express yourself as you fu**ing want?

U must decide the path you want to take... I used the first and worked. I know that they made a bad think banning lots of people from that forum, like they did with Benjikan (and I must say that I admire his work), but you know how it is... they own their forum and can make whatever they want.

Donīt forget: whatever way you go, keep your steps on the golden bricks path
06-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #14
Inactive Account

"philbarton" is probably a paid employee or agent of another brand required to spread FUD about Pentax. He doesn't have a Pentax DSLR but claims to have M42 lenses.

This kind of tactic is quite commonplace on large forums and is effective because it can put off newcomers to a particular brand.

Since the recent positive review of the K20D he has been extremely active. It's pretty sickening. However, I guess that anyone who believes this sort of FUD deserves to reap their own harvest!
06-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
"philbarton" is probably a paid employee or agent of another brand required to spread FUD about Pentax. He doesn't have a Pentax DSLR but claims to have M42 lenses.

This kind of tactic is quite commonplace on large forums and is effective because it can put off newcomers to a particular brand.

Since the recent positive review of the K20D he has been extremely active. It's pretty sickening. However, I guess that anyone who believes this sort of FUD deserves to reap their own harvest!
Do you also think Rice High could be on Canon payroll?