Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anybody familiar with BuySafe.com?

Has anybody used buysafe.com to sell/buy online?
What is your recommendation?

I couldn't find any review about it and appreciate if anybody can share their experience.
I usually use PayPal. I want to buy something and the seller only wants to use buysafe instead of paypal.

Thanks,

07-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #2

Hello Herman,

I would like to take the opportunity to answer your question about buySAFE.

• buySAFE is NOT a payment service, nor an escrow service.
• buySAFE does NOT collect or hold money from buyers in a transaction and we do not ask for or accept money or money orders from buyers.
• buySAFE's services are only available to sellers and items which reside inside the United States of America and its territories.
• buySAFE's services are NOT available for items sold offline.
• At this time, buySAFE's services are ONLY available on select retail Websites and the following marketplaces: eBay, Overstock.com Auctions, and TIAS.com. (Please note: buySAFE is NOT currently partnered with Craigslist, Gum tree or Auto Trader, so transactions on those marketplaces will NOT be bonded by buySAFE).
• Any buySAFE Webpage will begin with buySAFE - strongest trust signal in e-commerce, or shopping.buysafe.com, club.buysafe.com, or buySAFE Shopping - search, discover and compare prices.
• When you verify a buySAFE Seal directly from an item listing, you should see the URL Warning-buySAFE in your browser address bar.
• Again, ALWAYS look for and verify the buySAFE Seal to ensure a bonded transaction is valid.
• Any emails from buySAFE will come from an XXXXX@buysafe.com email address.

If you encounter an instance where buySAFE is being presented in a manner inconsistent with the list above, please avoid the transaction at all costs and report it to buySAFE immediately.

fraud@buysafe.com or call our office 1-888-820-8477 our office hours are from
9:30-6:30 EST

Regards,

Chris Smith
Operations
buySAFE, Inc.
P: 888-926-6333
F: 703-778-4455
buySAFE - strongest trust signal in e-commerce
shopping.buysafe.com
07-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Just curious, since this is your first post. How did you see me posting this thread here in Pentax forum? Are you a Pentax photographer too? If so, welcome aboard.
Regardless, I appreciate your answer.
Yes, somebody is offering me to buy his equipment using BuySafe as an escrow agent since he is out of country and won't be able to deal directly here in US.

I will send the link and email so you can follow up with this scammer.

Thanks,
07-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #4

Hi Herman,

I got your email and have handed it off to our fraud team. Thanks.

No, I'm not a photographer. However, I utilize a number of tools that scour the Internet and alert me when a post like yours was made.

Thanks,

Chris Smith
Operations
buySAFE, Inc.
P: 888-926-6333
F: 703-778-4455
buySAFE - strongest trust signal in e-commerce
shopping.buysafe.com