Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Need Help

I'm really stuck in a big problem here and I was hoping for a solution. I have a canon 300D right now (the oldest and slowest rebel), and I really want to upgrade. I have to sell my rebel first (which lost $100 of it's value when the lovely XSi came out), and in total I might have around $350 to spend on another used or new camera. I can't decide which brand I want. Switching to the XT means that my LCD won't be any bigger and I still don't have any spot metering, but I get a faster camera and an 8 megapixel sensor, or getting a K100D means that I get a bigger LCD, spot metering. Also if I get the K110D, then I might be able to buy an extra lens or flash for the camera along with some old lenses to go along with it. I'm so torn on what to do, and every day I decide on something different. Please help me decide.

07-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would keep an eye on the buy and sell section here ( the photographers marketplace ), lots of people have been upgrading to the K200 and K20., and are selling their old gear at decent prices...
07-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've never used one, but I might re-consider buying a K110D... I don't know if I could get myself to spend a couple of hundred bucks on a body that doesn't have shake reduction. I think you'd really appreciate the extra money for a K100D with build in SR.