Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2016, 02:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
AF extension tube

Anybody tried this gadget:

AF Auto Focus PK Macro Extension Tube Ring For Pentax PK Mount Camera KS1 KS2 K3 K7 K50 K-50 K30 K10 K5II K5 Kr Km Kx K1000 K20D
http://s.aliexpress.com/7JnayaI3
(from AliExpress Android)

Seems to good to be true, so it probably is.

I want to use something like this with my DFA 100 2.8 to increase enlargement. But for some reason I don't dislike AF with macro, so it would be nice to retain it.

02-15-2016, 03:05 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If the picture isn't photoshoped it might even work

But if I am not mistaken the longer the focal length of your lens, the fewer the impact in magnification you gain with the same extension tube.
So with 100mm you probably need 2 or more of these tubes.
02-15-2016, 03:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
If the picture isn't photoshoped it might even work

But if I am not mistaken the longer the focal length of your lens, the fewer the impact in magnification you gain with the same extension tube.
So with 100mm you probably need 2 or more of these tubes.
Ok, luckily I also have the DA35ltd to play around with then.
02-15-2016, 04:35 AM   #4

It appears to be the same manufacturer as my 2X auto focus teleconverter. I haven't had any problems with fitment or operation. It's worth buying.

02-15-2016, 06:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I own that extension tube. It works, but it's not without problems. Attaching lenses to it can be painful. Manually focussing a non-quickshift lens is not possible.
02-15-2016, 06:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys, I'm going to go ahead and just try it. Can't really go wrong for that tiny price. As long as it won't damage my cameras or lenses...
02-22-2016, 05:47 PM   #7

autofocus with a macro lens at 1:1 magnification or higher is quite difficult. I am not familiar with pentax bodies, but if they posses the ability to execute a focus stacking script similar to magic lantern in an eos body, then you can manually over ride the lens af and use the lens and body on a tripod to focus stack. That would make an adapter such as this extremely useful as you are no longer relying on internal AF.