Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2018, 07:19 AM   #16
FJC

Photos: Gallery
I bought the famous Tamron 90mm because I thought It would be very polivalent as a macro as well as a portrait lens.
As a macro lens I have no complaints at all, it is wonderful. But as a portrait lens It disapointed me a lot. I was expecting for a very sharp lens but I found It is pretty difficult to get a good focusing with It at a normal portrait distance.
Doest It happen to you, friends, ir it's just me?

08-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have the D-FA 50mm and 100mm macro lenses. Both of these lenses work very well at non-macro distances.

Are you shooting wide open? I find that f/2.8 can be an odd aperture setting for portraits. It's not stopped down enough to give good depth of field for a face to be in focus from nose to ears but it's not open enough for super dreamy and soft shots either. I usually like to use f/3.2-f/4 at longer focal lengths. For general shooting I'll max out at f/8. For macro then... well, how high are you willing to go before diffraction sets in?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mm, 70mm, body, camera, f2.8, flash, hair, head, lens, makeup, photography, portrait, portrait advice, portrait lens, shots