Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2016, 06:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Photos: Gallery
How would you light these event spaces?

I got lucky, really lucky in Singapore this past Saturday. The weather didn't go to poop during FOSSASIA 2016 and I was able to get a nice official group shot to replace the one that's been used since 2012.

However, I admit to cringing like crazy if the weather was monsoon-like of the prior afternoons and I would've had to shoot indoors. My single Cactus RF-60 wouldn't have been enough.

Given the empty interior shots below plus the outdoor 300-plus folks I shot, how would you suggest lighting these spaces?

My goal would be to hit ISO 400 maximum since print media is involved. As I'm picking up the Pentax K-1 later this summer, if you think ISO 800 would be acceptable, then lighting for that point would be sufficient.

Another event space would be the large auditorium, like for the 1,000-person shot below. How would you suggest lighting this?

Equipment and technique suggestions are very much desired.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
03-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Strobist: QA: Lighting a 1,300-Person Group Shot [Magnum Opus] is what you need.

Regards,
--Anders.
03-21-2016, 04:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
Anders, freaking cool. I'll read thoroughly during this photo Friday.