Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

Tips for Check focus, exposer

So, it's hard to really tell the focus and exposure using just the monitor with the K10. Any tricks , tips for checking. Someone the other day showed me how to zoom in to see if things might be out of focus. I heard that the pros bring a laptop with them to check and adjust.
Is there a proper setting for the monitor brightness so that it shows the dark - light situation more realistically ?

Thanks for any help,

Marty (dotfur.com)

07-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

which monitor? your home monitor, or the camera LCD display?

when i take a picture i check focus by zooming in in preview, i make it easier for myself and select "4X" maginifcation so that i dont have to turn the wheel many times.

as for exposure, hit the info button or do whatever to make the histogram come up, the histogram will help you in judging how your scene is exposed.
07-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
select "4X" maginifcation so that i dont have to turn the wheel many times.
How is this done?
07-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
... when i take a picture i check focus by zooming in in preview, i make it easier for myself and select "4X" maginifcation so that i dont have to turn the wheel many times. ...
Nice tip! I had left this at default as I assumed it meant the display popped to the magnification immediately and not when you moved the edial.

BubbaBob: Setting is under the "Custom" menu towards the bottom - "Initial zoom display".

07-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Ahh. Thanks!