Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2016, 10:07 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to you and your daughter!

05-08-2016, 10:16 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Yes, it was.
My congratulations to her. Our daughter was an RN so I have an idea what she is in for! I hope she enjoys it as much as our daughter did.
05-09-2016, 02:24 AM   #18
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats to your daughter. I would take a good P&S which can just be pocketed when not in use. U of A has a great campus. I have many fond memories (getting a bit dim now!) but I did not attend graduation there. The Army wanted me back here in Oz so I just got my piece of paper by mail.
05-09-2016, 07:47 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
My congratulations to her. Our daughter was an RN so I have an idea what she is in for! I hope she enjoys it as much as our daughter did.
She definitely enjoys working as a nurse. Now that she has passed her NCLEX-RN, the final stumbling block is behind her. Thanks!

05-09-2016, 08:05 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, all. Good feedback. I'll take my camera, but also be mindful to enjoy the ceremonies. Heaven knows we've forked over enough money to get to this point I had better enjoy these days. Thanks, Glenn
05-09-2016, 08:31 AM   #21

Photos: Albums
Each University is different as far as I can tell. Some have an area near the podium to give proud parents a shot at a decent photo. As noted by other's here depending on how far away you are, the shot may be low light, requiring high iso, handheld, tele shots so it may be a tricky setup to get good results - and you only get on brief opportunity then it's over. However shots outside with friends etc are definitely worth bringing the camera for.
05-09-2016, 08:54 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GlennG Quote
Heaven knows we've forked over enough money to get to this point I had better enjoy these days
Amen, brother!

05-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #23

Big Limitations on What's Allowed in UA Stadium

There are big limitations on what you'll be allowed to bring into the main graduation ceremony.

According to the "Family & Guests Day-Of Instructions" sub-page of the University of Arizona commencement web site, "Commencement 2016 will be enforcing game-day rules in which all family members and attendees must abide by the UA’s clear bag policy for entry into the stadium. No outside containers, large bags, backpacks, or parcels will be permitted and all in-hand items must be placed in the appropriate and approved clear bag." Then, that page has a link to "the UA’s clear bag policy" page that tells you that camera cases, binocular cases, fanny packs, mesh bags, purses, and every other sensible carrying method is "NOT ALLOWED". They tell you what IS allowed, and it ain't much.

Family & Guests Day Of Instructions | Commencement

ARIZONA STADIUM POLICIES & PROCEDURES - The University of Arizona Official Athletic Site

So despite what you and other parents have paid for your/their children's education at the University of Arizona, at the main ceremony you'll be treated like criminals.

Hopefully, the college- and departmental-level ceremonies won't be so restrictive.
05-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #24
Veteran Member

outside of the actual hand shake, I took the 50-135 and it handle the job no problems

Randy