Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

On board flash error

Hello all, I'm trying to us my K10d (v1.30) and i can't get the onboard flash to light a picture. It fires, but is not part of the exposure. I've tried in different modes from green to manual to X and is only part of the exposure in X.
Also the AF assist with the lamp up does nothing and not sure why. I tried the AF assist a few weeks ago and it worked and the onboard flash worked. I have reset all of the custom setting to default and started over, no joy. I'm pretty sure I upgraded the firmware from 1.1 to 1.3 in the mean time and am not sure if that did it. Any ideas?
Barley

07-17-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you have the flash exposure dialed down? Are you using a small aperture? If you did update the firmware, try it again with a fresh download.
07-17-2008, 04:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Just a wild guess, but you might have nadvertently change your flash mode to wireless (check with Fn button), then to operate as controller in the "c" menu (last item in custom menu).
07-17-2008, 06:16 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The flash mode set in the fn menu when on any mode (green, P, M) is set to just flash, not wireless, red eye, slow, or trailing. in the C (custom) menu the Flash in Wireless mode is set to off. i tried both settings of flash in wireless and no flash in wireless and that didn't seem to make a difference. as for the flash exposure its set to 0.0 and in Program mode "P" the ap and shutter are at like 2.4 and 1/60th. Something should be coming through.
What is troubling is also the AF assist doesnt seem to assist. I'll try to redo the version upgrade and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the help so far.