Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
Ed in GA

Stuff & Things

After having my K100D for about 5 months now, I've learned that every photo cannot be taken standing at ground level.

I'm just curious as to how many of you carry a small step stool around with you to help get some of the camera distortion out of your photos?

How about kneeling pads?

An example would be this photo which, I'm sure, would have looked a lot better had I been able to get the camera about 3 - 5 feet higher

And, speaking of things, can anyone tell me where I can find a Pentax CL-10 clip for my flash?

I have a pick up truck and can put things such as small step stools, step ladders and other odds and ends which might be useful.

Anyone?????

02-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
racinsince55

Now that's something I wouldn't have thought of. Carrying a step stool around makes sense.

BTW, I see nothing wrong with your photo. Being up a little higher wouldn't have changed it all that much.
02-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I kneel in the dirt all the time, pants be @%$#! However, you could use a gardeners knee pad if you needed. Another (better, IMO) solution is this: Gossamer Gear : Accessories : SitLightâ„¢ Sit Pad. It's much lighter than the ordinary gardeners pad--weighing in at just over an ounce. If I carried anything, I'd get one of those.
02-13-2007, 01:19 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I keep a six foot aluminum step ladder in my vehicle and a Bogen Super Clamp to "rise to the occasion" when doing architectural photography. It gives you a far better perspective. Having said that though, Eddie it's a GREAT photo. And I say that having been to Savannah many times and knowing exactly how this house looks!
Rob W

02-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #5

Couldn't ya just get the owner of the red car to move for you so you stand on the roof of it? Beats carrying a ladder.
02-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I never gave that idea much thought until now Eddie. But it is logical. As for your picture getting two or three feet higher wouldn't make a better shot. I think it's fine the way it is.
02-13-2007, 11:28 PM   #7

Fine compo Eddy. The perspective can be altered in some PPs with the concomitant slight degradation of the image (hardly noticable except in extreme enlargement). In this image a more elevated viewpoint would have made it difficult to achieve this very pleasing arrangement due to the presence of the tree limbs which you have so successfully used in framing the house. Getting the local 'gendarmerie' to clear the distractioning red autos is not always an option, but the presence of someone diguised as a traffic warden apparantly poking parking infringement tickets under the wiper blades has been known to produce similar results.
Certainly changing the viewpoint in the vertical can dramatically alter the impact of an image; a factor that few amateurs seem to appreciate.

Last edited by Rolly; 02-13-2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Typo