Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is such a cool post! My daughter (5 years old) has a Fischer Price kids camera which she loves. I need to make more of an effort to take her out shooting. Thanks for the motivation.

07-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice photos. I can see now why you like the hiking photo. Though I know some of the technical stuff I have zero artistic skills. I would have put the hikers in the center and made them almost fill the frame.
07-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great comments folks! Now I just have to decide which Pentax model to get him for Christmas!
07-24-2008, 12:17 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Wonderful photos by your nephew, Navcom! Thank you for giving him an opportunity and encouragement. This is a fine thread!

08-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Well done to you and him both ... one for you for giving him the camera for the day and to shoot ... and two for him to really pull of some great shots for his age.

Now you know what to get him for Xmas :P
If he produces shots like these ... don't let it stop there ... if you do keep in touc with him often ... organise days out with the family ... he will be really interested in it ... and will WANT to learn for sure.

He can only get better ... and from what I have seen here ... if he puts the effort into it ... it looks lke you could have an amazing photog in the family.
08-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #21

Cids and Kameras

Put your phycology hat on!

Let children keep an inexpensive camera for along time just to see what they think is important. It might help if you give them a variety of different subjects. Maybe a different one each week or month. Who knows, you might analyze the pictures they take and find out what the child really likes.

A bunch of bugs and it might mean nature. Stars, maybe astronomy or a navigator. People in general might be a social worker. A bunch of photos of things being controlled could possibly be a CEO type child. (I wonder what a photographer would be? LoL)

If you keep this up, it just might help you determine what field of studies they should be “swayed” into taking.