Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax or Samsung World Wide Dealers?

Does Pentax (or the DSLR division of Samsung) have a world wide distributors list anywhere? I'm interested in seeing if theres anywhere here in guatemala that sells any pentax stuff, but pentaxes main webpage doesn't even have central america as an option.

07-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
Inactive Account

When I was in Guatemala and in need of a new digital camera I found it much more economical to buy one online in the US and have it shipped to me in Guatemala. The high duties on electronics made buying a new camera (or anything other electronics) too expensive in Guatemala. FedEx, UPS and DHL have service in Guatemala but I had my camera delivered via the USPS and Guatemala's Postal service with no problems.

Damon
07-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, I don't actually plan on buying a camera here, I never buy anything electronic here, It's always half the price or less to buy it from the states. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a pentax distributor here so I could possibly check out lenses, or buy used old lenses/accessories, stuff that wouldn't be crazy expensive.

Thanks
11-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, did you ever find anything in Guatemala?

I have the same problem. I would like to get some more lenses but I am constantly travelling as an international tour leader in Central America and so far I have found few stores with anything Pentax. I found an old Camera repair guy in Merida, Mexico with 2 old 2.8 50mm ($20 bucks) lenses and a 2x converter ($10).

I wouldnt mind using Fed Ex but I do not have a permanebt adress to ship it to... just hotels etc.

11-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I live in Costa Rica and there is a Pentax authorized delaer here. It is Dima Industrial y Comercial S.A., located downtown San Jose. They carry Pentax and Sigma lenses for Pentax and the others. Their inventory is pretty good and pricing is about the sqme for retail (not online) stores in the US. Sometimes their prices for Pentax glass is less than US retail but slightly higher that Us online.

They can be located at Phone 506-2222-3969. Ask for Nils Marschatz (owner and manager).